Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Delayed vaccination advice please

Theoscargoesto · 09/06/2020 22:27

My dog (2 years old) was due her booster jab at the end of May. The vets are trying to catch up with all the delayed vaccinations and I should get an appointment in a week or two, they say. They also said not to worry too much save about leptospirosis and to keep her away from water if possible. Does anyone know how safe (or not) my dog is and whether I should try to register her elsewhere to get her annual booster done?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bergerdog · 09/06/2020 22:34

The vaccinations can go 3 months out of date without restarting so you should be fine until August Smile

Please
or

NiceTwin · 09/06/2020 22:38

Agree with Bergerdog, you can go three months past the due date without issue.

Please
or

Theoscargoesto · 09/06/2020 22:41

Funnily enough the vet didn’t say so and that is a relief, thank you. Can I just ask, in the nicest way-how do you know that? I couldn’t seem to find anything helpful!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Veronicat · 09/06/2020 22:45

I work in the Veterinary industry and yes, three months over is fine. You can actually vaccinate every three years as long as you give lepto on the second year.

Please
or

Bergerdog · 09/06/2020 22:47

I do vaccinations all day every day Wink

I personally wouldn’t worry if mine were left longer but we must follow the drug company guidelines.

Please
or

drinkingwineoutofamug · 15/06/2020 15:42

My dog was due jabs in may. Was told the guidelines given to them by the manufacturer was it was ok for 3 months. So august for my dog.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.