Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Countdown to surgery

motherofdoodles · 14/11/2019 09:03

Our year old girl is being spayed soon. I'm trying to get ahead of the game and prepare. We have an older boy so plan to have her in a pen at night so she gets peace and quiet. Does anyone recommend those surgery suit type things to prevent tearing at stitches? I also hate that's it's so difficult for them to drink with a cone of shame on so was thinking of the attached that can be flipped down the way. All advice welcome!

Countdown to surgery Countdown to surgery
OP's posts:
Please
or

Motorina · 14/11/2019 09:21

I’ve never come of shamed mine after spaying - just kept an eye on them - and they haven’t worried the stitches.

Please
or

motherofdoodles · 14/11/2019 09:24

Thanks @Motorina what about nighttime?

OP's posts:
Please
or

BiteyShark · 14/11/2019 09:34

After any surgery we used a combination of body suits, hard cone and the soft inflatable cones depending on how much supervision I could give and how easy it was to get at any stitches.

Body suit typically used at night. Hard cone when cannot watch them. Soft cone when I was in the house and around him to keep checking.

Please
or

motherofdoodles · 14/11/2019 10:03

@BiteyShark that was roughly my plan so I'll try that. Hate putting her through this! Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

NotTheMrMenAgain · 14/11/2019 19:03

My hound had a vest thing, which generally worked well - apart from the three times I took her out for a wee and totally forgot about unpopping the gusset!

Please
or

motherofdoodles · 28/11/2019 11:30

Thought I should update you. Surgery a success as is the surgery suit she's rocking! Thank you all

Countdown to surgery
OP's posts:
Please
or

motherofdoodles · 28/11/2019 11:31

Btw suit unbuttoned there as I was supervising her. Successfully buttoned up at night

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.