Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Collars

Jayne05 · 08/08/2019 09:39

My 4 month old border terrier isn’t keen on his collar. Any recommendations for a super comfy one that he won’t be as keen to stop and scratch at every 10 steps on a walk?! Thanks 🙂

OP's posts:
Please
or

missbattenburg · 08/08/2019 09:47

They get used to all collars in the end but we use a ruffwear collar (having gone through lots of prettier ones that just got muddy).

It's strong, light, washes easily and dampens the tinkle of the tag.

purrfectlyyappy.com/products/ruffwear-solid-hoopie-dog-collar?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkK_qBRD8ARIsAOteukADgwVApY0sJVCK5qX9jGMGKrhV5KfiO856sQ-Wwm5GyPXUFp0yZKgaAtQTEALw_wcB

Please
or

TwattingDog · 08/08/2019 09:50

Maybe change it for a harness? Pick up cheap ones in B&M etc while he's tiny and get him a gold one when he's grown.

Please
or

Jayne05 · 08/08/2019 09:52

Thanks very much missbattenburg, I’ve never seen a tag silencing thing before. Looks perfect!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jayne05 · 08/08/2019 09:57

Cheers TwattingDog we’re getting him a perfect fit harness as he’s grown out of his puppy one but even on short walks he’s just not keen. He’ll wear it but under sufferance lol!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jouska · 08/08/2019 11:11

I like fleece collars for puppies

fleece collars

Please
or

Jayne05 · 09/08/2019 06:12

Thanks Jouska, that looks very comfy and might be just the job for my collar hating terror!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.