Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

I Can't believe what he's just done!!

bigpawsnopaws · 26/07/2019 08:19

My Lab pup is 6.5 months old, hes been so good to train and hasn't toileted indoor since he was about 4 months old.
This morning I was sat in the lounge with him having a cuppa as per usual and he just sat and poo'd on the rug ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜– wtf is he thinking?!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

BiteyShark · 26/07/2019 09:30

Don't panic. My dog has a couple of isolated incidents up to the age of 1 even though he was toilet trained.

I just went back to basics for a couple of days and took him out and praised him again for toileting outside.

Please
or

Nesssie · 26/07/2019 10:36

He's thinking ' I need to poo'. Nothing more or less than that.
He's still a puppy and will have the odd accident.

Please
or

bigpawsnopaws · 26/07/2019 12:47

i wasn't cross with him, I was just shocked Grin I guess he lured me into a false sense of security letting me think he was perfect Wink The back door was open as it has been for weeks! Like Biteyshark said, back to basics for a while.

He is also constantly licking/scratching his 'bits' is that normal?

OP's posts:
Please
or

missbattenburg · 26/07/2019 13:21

At about a year old Battendog peed up my Dad's wall. In his defence, resting against the wall was a wreath made of twigs so I think he thought it was a bush Grin

He's never anything like it since.

Please
or

Heuristic01 · 26/07/2019 13:24

I would be just as shocked as you if my dog did the same! I suspect there's a good reason behind it - perhaps it was an emergency or your dog wasn't feeling too well, or the weather was taking a toll on your dog's body. If it's a one off I wouldn't worry too much, but if it continues then it's worth booking your dog in for a health check to rule out any health issues.

Please
or

bigpawsnopaws · 26/07/2019 14:04

missbattenburg ๐Ÿ˜‚

heuristic I hope it's a one off! He's had gone abit random tbh. He was like clockwork pooing every morning at 5am, the last week he's only wee'd at 5, and poo'd later. who knows๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

OP's posts:
Please
or

FreddiesMammy · 26/07/2019 14:10

My dog still does this and heโ€™s a bit older than 1, he does it usually if he has a stomach bug/is scared. Have any of you been out of the house for longer than you usually are, or has there been a change in his routine?

Please
or

bigpawsnopaws · 26/07/2019 14:15

freddie no change that I can think of, I wondered if it got too hot in the garden yesterday.so he thought he'd stay inside todayGrin

OP's posts:
Please
or

bigpawsnopaws · 29/07/2019 11:45

Thankfully no more accidents indoors! hopefully was just a random one offGrin

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sooverthemill · 29/07/2019 11:48

My young dog has been awesome inside pretty much from 5 months thank god except one day when the really annoying husband of a Fresno was visiting and droning on and on and puppy crouched down and did a wee right next to dull man's feet! Teehee

Please
or

LouLouLoupee · 29/07/2019 11:52

I had similar with my dog, once when he was a couple of years he crapped on DSโ€™s bed Envy
Nothing different, didnโ€™t seem out of sorts and never did it again. Unfortunately I had stripped the bed so there was a big steaming shit directly on the mattress. I moved DS into my bed for a couple of weeks and DH slept on the sofa until we could replace it ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Please
or

bigpawsnopaws · 30/07/2019 05:10

sooverthemill it's as tho they know!Wink

Loupee omg how awfulShock little buggers..Good job we love them!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.