Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Grief counselling after dog loss?

user1468246318 · 13/07/2019 20:19

I post a while back after my Ddog had died, and more time has passed and the grief is still very raw. He was only 5 and it was a sudden accidental death that I feel I could have prevented, which probably doesn’t help how I feel. I miss him so much. I was wondering if anyone had tried grief counselling and whether it helped prices things all?

OP's posts:
Please
or

UpturnedUmbrella · 13/07/2019 20:41

Oh goodness that all must be very upsetting for you, I’ve never tried grief counselling before, but I can recommend the blue cross support line- which though I haven’t personally used (but I have worked for blue cross and heard good things!), I’ve added a link in case you want to try it Flowers
www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-bereavement-and-pet-loss

Please
or

user1471465525 · 13/07/2019 20:47

So sorry for your loss .It's very difficult when a beloved pet dies suddenly and so young .Love is love after all.The blue cross have pet bereavement counselling and understand how deeply the loss can affect us .

Please
or

madcatladyforever · 13/07/2019 20:57

It's a terrible loss I'm so sorry and I think you should try grief counselling. It took me 10 years to get over the death of my first cat, he was my soul mate. I don't think I am over him even now.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.