Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Can I just boast about my dog?!

Bunnybigears · 23/02/2019 08:23

So my Romanian rescue I have had for 6 months was walking with me off lead on a big grassy area happily interacting with the other dogs etc. I am chatting to a woman who was also walking her dog. Next thing I know my dog appears from some bushes with half croissant in his mouth. Bearing in mind he was living on the streets 6 months ago I had no real expectation that my 'drop if' command would stop the croissant being swallowed whole. But miraculously I said 'drop it' and he did! Not only that he then sat and looked at me awaiting the next instruction. My fellow dog Walker (being the owner of a dustbin also known as a labrador) was very impressed.

OP's posts:
Please
or

dudsville · 23/02/2019 08:24

See, you have one of the very best op!

Please
or

dudsville · 23/02/2019 08:24

"See"? I typed "Aw!"

Please
or

bellalou1234 · 23/02/2019 08:27

How lovely! Can we see your lovely boy?

Please
or

Bunnybigears · 23/02/2019 08:35

Here is the little star I could almost forgive him for chewing through my phone charger Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

MyNameIsJane · 23/02/2019 08:41

Good dog!!

Please
or

Wishiwasrunning2 · 23/02/2019 08:52

He's picked up commands quick and such a sweet face Grin

Please
or

IdaDown · 23/02/2019 09:01

Smart pooch - you are the giver of tasty treats, warm beds and tummy tickles. He knows what sides his bread’s buttered (lit!).

Please
or

LadAlive · 23/02/2019 09:28

He's gorgeous as well as clever.

Please
or

bellalou1234 · 23/02/2019 09:44

What a handsome boy!

Please
or

ALargeGinPlease · 23/02/2019 10:03

Well done OP, good training.
Can i share (boast) how good my boy was yesterday? I was sitting in a field, when a rabbit started running across it, my boy started after it, i called him back...and he came straight back!!!! I was so delighted.

Please
or

ALargeGinPlease · 23/02/2019 10:06

My boy, and the rabbit field of yesterday.

Please
or

Bunnybigears · 23/02/2019 12:01

Aw well done ALargeGinPlease s dog. He looks like a born rabbit chaser.

OP's posts:
Please
or

JesusInTheCabbageVan · 27/02/2019 20:55

He knows he's a good boy!

Mine has just learned to retrieve. Impressive as she's a lurcher, so it doesn't come naturally, and she's also not the sharpest knife in the drawer, bless her. Every time she picks the ball up, she allows herself a moment to savour what a good girl she is Grin Stands there staring into space, wagging her tail.

Please
or

fleshmarketclose · 01/03/2019 08:41

Oh well done and that photo tells me he knows he is a good dog. I am very envious as Bella would swallow any food whole rather than drop it.

Please
or

doodleygirl · 01/03/2019 11:00

Well done to you and your lovely boy.

I have had my girl since a pup and the chances of me being able to get her to drop a croissant is almost impossible.

Please
or

reallyanotherone · 01/03/2019 11:04

I have a terrier and the drop it command is usually met with delight and “ha! You want it, you come and get it!” Little bugger is fast.

Occasionally i can negotiate a swap for a particularly tasty treat, but that’s no fun...

Please
or

LaurieFairyCake · 01/03/2019 12:27

I save my 'NO' command solely for chicken bones on the pavement. My lovely girl immediately drops them (but does look at me a bit balefully and I know she's saying "I can take this Mummy, I'm a terrier"

Please
or

MissKittyBeaudelais · 01/03/2019 20:33

That’s wonderful. What a good boy!

I habve a thread about my golden at the moment who is disobedient and a gannet so it warms my heart to read of your dog 😊

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.