Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Help! Shit stains and worse.

Lucisky · 30/01/2019 12:33

My dog has been unwell and had diarrhoea on my bedroom carpet. Dog been to vet and now better, but I have been left with a problem. As soon as it happened, I cleared up and washed the area with liquid soap and water. The next day, once the carpet had dried, it was obvious there was a stain, and it smelt vile, so I washed it with a proprietary carpet cleaner. Still smelt, still stained. I have since washed it twice more with biological washing liquid and used a pet odour neutraliser. Trouble is, when you wash it, it looks like the stain has gone, but as soon as it dries it is obviously still there, and I can still smell it. Any ideas? It is one of those carpets you can wash with bleach, although I haven't tried this. Would a bicarb paste work?
Over 40 years of having dogs, and I've never had this problem before, and I've cleaned a fair few shitty carpets in my time. Any ideas?

OP's posts:
Please
or

BlankTimes · 30/01/2019 12:42

Wilko's 'OUT' removed the nasty stain on our carpet, spray on, leave for 48 hours. .

Don't know how it would react with all the previous things you've used, maybe try a test patch?

Please
or

fivedogstofeed · 30/01/2019 12:48

Dr Beckman carpet cleaner. Amazing stuff, and doesn't bleach your carpets.

Please
or

pilates · 30/01/2019 17:08

Yes when dry sprinkle bicarbonate of soda, leave for a while and then hoover up.

Please
or

Pringle89 · 30/01/2019 18:26

I always used hydrogen peroxide on stains (the stuff from the chemist - usually 8%) watered down slightly. Obviously depends on the colour of carpet but always works well on my cream carpets - got rid of spag Bol vomit stains and coffee etc x

Please
or

Lucisky · 30/01/2019 18:34

Thanks all. Anything that can remove spag bol stains must be good! I will try all of these in rotation until I get a result. I have given it another scrub today with a hot washing powder mix, and I couldn't smell it after, so perhaps I am winning.
The vet thought it was something she'd eaten. Christ knows what, but I have rarely smelt anything so foul.

OP's posts:
Please
or

KateGrey · 30/01/2019 18:37

Dr Beckman carpet cleaner. I spilt a load of tomato soup on our light coloured carpet and it has got it out.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.