Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Nick Knowles Big House Clear Out (Series 2)

WorriedAuntie43 · 13/05/2022 07:41

Is anyone watching the new series of this show? I enjoyed the last one, didn’t realise it had returned.

OP's posts:
Please
or

CatrinVennastin · 13/05/2022 14:40

I am!

I felt really sorry for the wife on last night’s episode. Her DH and his “hobbies”. He came across as really uncaring and self obsessed,

Nick Knowles and his turtle neck jumpers! What is that all about?

Please
or

User7493268965 · 13/05/2022 18:47

Thanks, didn't realise this was back, just downloading the first 3 episodes on catch up.

Please
or

rosegoldwatcher · 13/05/2022 18:51

CatrinVennastin

I am!

I felt really sorry for the wife on last night’s episode. Her DH and his “hobbies”. He came across as really uncaring and self obsessed,

Nick Knowles and his turtle neck jumpers! What is that all about?

I thought the same about the husband - selfish. She seemed so beaten down by her workload - I don't hold out much hope that he will facilitate a daily 30 minutes reading time!

I love Nick Knowles - very fanciable to my age group!

Please
or

ThePoetsWife · 13/05/2022 19:52

I watched it too and thought the husband was a selfish twat - really made me cross to see how he and his hobbies took over the whole house and she had nothing for herself. She looked so beaten and worn down, poor thing.

Please
or

WorriedAuntie43 · 13/05/2022 19:57

She was lovely, I hope she has her time for reading, she definitely needs it. I was confused about the two tables they put in separate rooms.
One had 4 chairs, one had 2 (I think).
But it was a family of 5, wondered if the twins were expected to share a chair.

OP's posts:
Please
or

LoveSpringDaffs · 13/05/2022 20:06

I do enjoy watching it (& I'd LOVE to have have a huge place to unpack the house to & sort it all out) BUT at the same time it stresses me out & upsets me watching them get rid of stuff they really don't want want to, I think there's a LOT of pressure on them.

IF they are genuine hoarders, it will not stop just because they've done this, without a LOT of therapy.

I'd like to see them 12 months on.

the last one I watched was a lovely family, really arty/crafty... she was a Riki Therapist. They're removed all of their stuff & created a show home, it looked lovely, but it didn't look like 'home'. I wonder how they're getting on??

I haven't seen last nights yet, I'll check Tivo has recorded it & look forward to it with my morning coffee.

Please
or

Lurleene · 14/05/2022 07:57

The husband really annoyed me too. When he cashed in an old console and chose to take the money to spend on a family treat instead of store credit he was talking as though he had made a great sacrifice. Hopefully he was just edited badly but he really didn't come across well.

Please
or

Lurleene · 14/05/2022 07:57

The husband really annoyed me too. When he cashed in an old console and chose to take the money to spend on a family treat instead of store credit he was talking as though he had made a great sacrifice. Hopefully he was just edited badly but he really didn't come across well.

Please
or

Winniewonka · 15/05/2022 17:08

I love this show. Agree with everyone else that this week's Mum looked at the end of her tether.
I didn't think her partner was an awful guy but he seems to be yet another man child, oblivious to his partner's situation.

Please
or

the80sweregreat · 15/05/2022 20:22

I think that he poor woman was depressed, having a child and then twins had taken its toll on her and he was also wfh too ( I think ?) , so it must have been hard for them.
NK wasn't that supportive and once or twice I think the ones doing the actual work looked like they wanted him and his weird jumpers to just go away to be honest , he can be very condescending at times.
The rooms looked a bit cluttered to me as well and not very child friendly, but they did well to declutter and they seemed happier with the results.

Please
or

Meredusoleil · 15/05/2022 21:09

Yes that poor mum. She was an emotional wreck. Didn't see the dad helping much at all.

Please
or

LadyAddle · 18/05/2022 00:00

I'm chewing over the idea of reducing my possessions by 50%, as they have to in the programme - I know I'll have to move to a retirement flat sooner or later, and halving my stuff would both be a declutter, and make it easier to spruce up my own flat for selling. At the moment, I'd have to drag everything to the middle of the rooms to let a painter get at the walls. I can see it's a really painful, hard thing to do, though - real emotional work, and then there's the disposing of things responsibly. I hate the chuck it in the skip bit in the programme, even though they say it's going to be sorted for recycling - it just feels so sad. And horrific, the piles of STUFF!

Please
or

NoToLandfill · 18/05/2022 00:08

If you need to do a big declutter I'd get yourself to the podcast 'a slob comes clean '

Please
or

CatrinVennastin · 19/05/2022 17:02

I’m finding I’m not warming to the families in this series as much as I did in the last series. I did like the mother and daughter in the first episode though.

I think it’s been the men and their hobbies taking over the houses that have annoyed me.

The houses look like show homes at the end and they don’t feel very personal to the owners. I’m not convinced the process will actually help.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.