Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair - is there anything even better?

25 replies

UKmumtobe · 30/09/2022 21:33

Just that really!

Any skin care lovers know anything better than advanced night Repair? I love it but wondered if there is something even better.

I'm 37 so need to start investing in my skin care routine more. Have 2 little ones and very tired!

OP posts:
Please
or

superplumb · 30/09/2022 21:44

Retinol is what you need. Try low level by the ordinary to begin with. Make sure you ise spf every day even in winter.

Please
or

BryceQuinlanTheFirst · 01/10/2022 05:48

I would use Retinol. The prescription services from Dermatica are very easy. You just need a Cleanser, moisturiser and Spf. I also like an oil over the top but that's just me. I pay £20 every 6 weeks for the Tretinoin, they start you on a low
dosage.

If you do fancy trying it

www.dermatica.co.uk/referrer/Y2K0NE

Please
or

UKmumtobe · 03/10/2022 17:49

Thank you. I am a bit scared of retinol but I will look into it!

OP posts:
Please
or

PAFMO · 03/10/2022 17:53

ANR was a groundbreaking serum back in the day, nowadays its main ingredients are in every serum going. Hyaluronic acid was a new buzzword in skincare when ANR came out (in fact it doesn't use the HA name in its advertising much) but now, HA is in everything.
ANR is a decent hydrating serum. I'm using some at the moment as I got a GWP goodie bag. I wouldn't buy it again though, though I used to.
PP is correct- the only real anti-ageing ingredients are a vitamin A (retinol) and a vitamin C.

Please
or

Zeeza · 03/10/2022 17:55

The over the counter stuff in the uk is all pretty weak if you want to try retinol.

Number one thing for skin is don't smoke. Number two is wear spf.

What are your skin care issues?

Please
or

KingsArmy · 03/10/2022 18:15

@BryceQuinlanTheFirst are you able to leave Dermatica at any time or are you locked into a contract with them - I cannot see this clarified on their website.

Please
or

BryceQuinlanTheFirst · 03/10/2022 18:36

KingsArmy · 03/10/2022 18:15

@BryceQuinlanTheFirst are you able to leave Dermatica at any time or are you locked into a contract with them - I cannot see this clarified on their website.

As far as I'm aware you can just cancel, there is probably a cut off date for that month. You can also pause or delay shipments. I have every 5/6 weeks and I use daily

Please
or

Zeeza · 03/10/2022 18:37

You can leave or pause. Most people don't seem to get through a bottle a month so pause often.

If you try them make sure to get a special offer. Cashback apps, credit card deals,.referrals etc. Your first month or three should be reduced.

Please
or

Moonshine5 · 03/10/2022 18:39

I don't think there is a directly superior substitute. Considering the skin of the women that I know, that use it.

Please
or

MakeMineALarge1 · 03/10/2022 18:59

I love ANR I wish I could afford to buy it regularly.

Please
or

mynameischloe · 03/10/2022 19:42

What does it actually do, please?

Please
or

PAFMO · 03/10/2022 19:52

mynameischloe · 03/10/2022 19:42

What does it actually do, please?

Hydrates and plumps.

Please
or

Ohsugarhoneyicetea · 03/10/2022 20:33

I have tried every skin product going and I fully rate more than anything Medik8 r-Retinoate. It is expensive, but you can usually get a deal on it somewhere, amazing stuff.

Please
or

Madamecastafiore · 03/10/2022 20:40

Nope I don't think there is. I've used it for years and get mistaken for DH's daughter when he's only 4 years older then me.

Please
or

bakehimawaytoys · 03/10/2022 20:41

I'd suggest trying one of the little Drunk Elephant kits from Space NK or similar where you can try a few of their products. Their vitamin C serum is brilliant, C-Firma it's called. The AHA one is good too (second time today I've recommended Drunk Elephant, I don't work for them I promise! I just like the brand).

Please
or

Judystilldreamsofhorses · 03/10/2022 23:43

I used ANR for years but during lockdown when counters were closed I picked up some HA serum from Inkey List in Boots. It costs about £6, and I have never gone back to ANR.

Please
or

BarnetTroubles · 04/10/2022 10:37

I think I was early 30's when I first tried ANR and loved it! Woke up looking younger and brighter for a few weeks, but like with most things, it stopped working so well.

Currently using the Medik8 Retinal Crystal (think that's what it's called) and am still working my way up, so can't really say if it's working yet.

@Ohsugarhoneyicetea can I ask what level of retino/al that one is? The Crystal one I'm using is entry level, but am quite keen to move forward to a higher strength.

Please
or

BryceQuinlanTheFirst · 04/10/2022 11:10

Medik8 ended up being too expensive for me as I as using nightly. That's why I switched to Dermatica, it's a stronger strength too. I pay £20 every 6 weeks. I think the Medik8 I was using was £40+ and not a huge tube

Please
or

MakeMineALarge1 · 04/10/2022 12:31

@Judystilldreamsofhorses I am going to boots tomorrow, I will look out for that

Please
or

Judystilldreamsofhorses · 04/10/2022 20:05

@MakeMineALarge1 I have switched to quite a few of their products off the back of that - a cleansing balm and a night moisturiser. The packaging isn’t luxe but the products really work well for my skin.

Please
or

formulatingAresponse · 04/10/2022 21:25

I alternate between retinol, Vit C and I've just applied my ANR for tonight. They changed the formula not so long ago so it's more advanced than the original.
I like to use different products instead of sticking to the same ones day in day out.

Please
or

TheOGCCL · 05/10/2022 10:56

ANR is a nice enough product but cheaper hyaluronic acid serums probably do a v similar job. A retinoid is the only thing proven to have an effect in the longer term, so Dermatica as others have suggested.

Please
or

viques · 05/10/2022 10:59

I like ANR, it has stopped my face slipping down my neck for the last twenty odd years so will stick with it I think.

Please
or

UKmumtobe · 05/10/2022 14:25

So maybe I stick with ANR until I'm brave enough to consider retinol!

I don't really want to use a skincare product that involves me having to be careful and consider upping the % at certain intervals etc.

I have combination skin but it's definitely less oily now I'm older. My skin can be quite sensitive too. No longer have blemishes but the wrong skin care product definitely causes me to breakout.
I am a very tired mama and have recently noticed I have crow's feet and some lines 😩

OP posts:
Please
or

mynameischloe · 05/10/2022 18:46

I've bought some, I shall report back!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?