Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone done colour analysis in London?

Colourmehappy26 · 22/09/2022 21:49

Hi!

Has anyone had a colour analysis done in London and any recommendations? Did you find it accurate and good value for money?

I’d like to do it but would like to choose based on good reviews and don’t really know where to start! Are there different approaches?

Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

hobbledyhoy · 22/09/2022 22:04

Giving you a bump OP as I've been thinking about this recently and wondered whether worth it and if so best way to find someone as it's not cheap.

Please
or

Gensola · 22/09/2022 22:06

I had mine done by Emily Innes at Style me Happy - she’s online only I think. I was really happy with the analysis and the advice.

Please
or

Colourmehappy26 · 22/09/2022 22:44

hobbledyhoy · 22/09/2022 22:04

Giving you a bump OP as I've been thinking about this recently and wondered whether worth it and if so best way to find someone as it's not cheap.

thank you! Yes not cheap, wondering if it’s cheaper to travel to somewhere outside of London (including travel costs)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Colourmehappy26 · 22/09/2022 22:45

Gensola · 22/09/2022 22:06

I had mine done by Emily Innes at Style me Happy - she’s online only I think. I was really happy with the analysis and the advice.

Great thank you! I think I would prefer to do in person ideally…how did you find it being online?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gensola · 22/09/2022 22:47

I had a video call with her so I felt she had seen me properly and I also sent through lots of pictures. I thought it was really helpful and she was definitely right about my star colours and what really suits me.

Please
or

urgen · 22/09/2022 22:48

Morag House of Colour. She does face to face and is Kensington based from memory

Please
or

Vulcanodon · 22/09/2022 23:54

Red leopard?

Please
or

Colourmehappy26 · 23/09/2022 07:31

urgen · 22/09/2022 22:48

Morag House of Colour. She does face to face and is Kensington based from memory

Great thank you, I’ve heard of this a few times

OP's posts:
Please
or

Colourmehappy26 · 23/09/2022 07:33

Vulcanodon · 22/09/2022 23:54

Red leopard?

I’ve just looked them up, but the session is nearly £400! I’m hoping to find a bit cheaper..

OP's posts:
Please
or

ehb102 · 23/09/2022 07:36

I had a House of Colour consultation. I was keen to dismiss it as woo, but oh my goodness! I went with a friend so could see it being done to someone else. Since having found my "season" I buy new pieces in those colours and I think I look well. Certainly when I wear my colours and my House of Colour 90 second makeup (about my level of time commitment) I get told I look well. Photos seem to back it up. I am not oil painting, I just look better than when I was wearing my old.makeup and black. I was a bit sad I wasn't a Winter but grey and navy blue work as well.

Please
or

urgen · 23/09/2022 09:22

Lots of us wear black and it often makes us look 'hard'. You can just about get away it on your bottom half but a session is a very good idea. I went to Morag and she must be in her 60's now many years ago but she is a VERY stylish women (definite Winter colour) and she will sort you out.

Just a gentle warning. Its not £50.... its very useful if you can to go as a group. Its amazing what you can see when they analysis others. Also, they base it on natural hair colour and will cover up your hair if its coloured and distracting. My friend was told her hair colour was much too dark and given some suggestions.

I am a winter btw. DH is a autumn (he had it done too seperately).

Please
or

Colourmehappy26 · 23/09/2022 09:35

urgen · 23/09/2022 09:22

Lots of us wear black and it often makes us look 'hard'. You can just about get away it on your bottom half but a session is a very good idea. I went to Morag and she must be in her 60's now many years ago but she is a VERY stylish women (definite Winter colour) and she will sort you out.

Just a gentle warning. Its not £50.... its very useful if you can to go as a group. Its amazing what you can see when they analysis others. Also, they base it on natural hair colour and will cover up your hair if its coloured and distracting. My friend was told her hair colour was much too dark and given some suggestions.

I am a winter btw. DH is a autumn (he had it done too seperately).

Thanks for your reply! Not expecting £50 Grin but was hoping £200 max, so maybe it is worth going to one outside of London as those have definitely been cheaper?

what’s the cost range of the ones people are recommending please? If they are in London

OP's posts:
Please
or

urgen · 23/09/2022 11:17

London will definitely be more expensive. I had mine in London because the company paid many years ago. My DH had his out of London and I have to say it wasnt quite on point.

I would suspect London is £250-£300 and outside of London maybe £50 less.

Please
or

JessieEssex · 23/09/2022 11:24

I did a house of colour one in London 3-4 years ago. I was a bit sceptical but I was really impressed. Am still sticking to the colours (mostly!) these days.

Please
or

MaltbyMaeve · 23/09/2022 12:28

Please
or

drumsandstars · 23/09/2022 15:57

I went to HoC and it was a total waste of money. I had a good idea what colour suited me beforehand. My consultant said she would send on more information and didn't. HoC is a franchise so it's hit and miss what your consultant will be like. Consultants who don't have active social media may be less active in post consultation draping, like mine!!

Also lots of HoC consultants are mums so don't be surprised if you start seeing a lot of pro HoC posts on here.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?