Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Best kids sandals for sensory kids

mamatothreebunnies · 02/08/2022 10:09

I’ve spent a fortune on shoes for my girls aged 6 and 8 who seem to have an issue with every footwear. I’m at my wits end never mind the fact that they actually need to wear shoes.

im looking for something with ankle strap, breathable, good cushioned sole.

we’ve had geox, birkinstocks, crocs, etc. they complain about the straps. They complain about the fact that they get small stones going in their feet with open shoes), and I just don’t know what to buy them anymore! They’d happily wear flip flops but we go parks and trails a lot and they can’t wear flip flops for those.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Junobug · 06/08/2022 09:13

What about some cheap water shoes? They cover their feet, are bare foot friendly and comfortable.

Please
or

TheVanguardSix · 06/08/2022 09:20

My son with sensory issues has done well with Birkenstock EVA milanos and Teva sandals.
But mostly, he's happiest in his Geox or Skechers mesh trainers.
My eldest DC loved water shoes, mentioned above by Junobug, which Lands End does very well.

Please
or

Thankyoupeter · 06/08/2022 14:40

Sports direct have amazing water shoes. They are the comfiest thing but have a really good grip. Looks like you can get 2 pairs of children's for under £10.

Best kids sandals for sensory kids
Please
or

TheChosenTwo · 06/08/2022 18:40

I didn’t really bother with sandals for them when they were little, they always found themselves tripping over in them and used to get really pissed off with little stones on their feet.
I gave up and just went with their usual trainers/converse when they were small, they never complained about having hot feet!

Please
or

karmakameleon · 06/08/2022 19:09

TheChosenTwo · 06/08/2022 18:40

I didn’t really bother with sandals for them when they were little, they always found themselves tripping over in them and used to get really pissed off with little stones on their feet.
I gave up and just went with their usual trainers/converse when they were small, they never complained about having hot feet!

Same. Youngest DS has ridiculously sensitive feet and just wears normal shoes or trainers all the time. I can just about convince him to wear crocs for the beach but that’s his limit.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.