Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Comfy loafers, any recommendations?

IDidntFloatUpTheLaganInABubble · 02/05/2022 16:33

I am so fed up with shoes that take a bloody age to wear in and mean I have to have a pack of plasters with me at all times.

I am after a comfy pair of tan loafers/driving shoes just to wear to the office with tapered trousers/jeans.

I don't want to spend a fortune, so not more that £200ish but I want some nice soft shoes.

Anyone got any recommendations, have looked at Fairfax & Favour, anyone have any experience with them?

I just want some nice comfy shoes!

OP's posts:
Please
or

FairyCakeSprinkles · 14/05/2022 21:04

Me too OP. Have worn some Clarks loafers this week and the pain across the widest part of my feet was numbed by the fact they made the backs of my heels bleed despite me having lining socks on.

I never suffer this with boots, sandals, trainers etc but trying to find summer shoes for work that don't make my feet bleed is like searching for the holy grail.

Please
or

FairyCakeSprinkles · 14/05/2022 21:05

Recommend you avoid these bastards.

https://www.clarks.co.uk/c/Hamble-Loafer/p/26147536

Please
or

couldhavegonethen · 15/05/2022 07:49

I have the Camille leather loafers from Mint Velvet bought a couple of months ago in tan. Very comfortable.

Please
or

allboysherebutme · 15/05/2022 08:01

Russell and Bromley Chester loafers are comfy x

Please
or

triplechoc · 15/05/2022 08:02

I’ve just bought some Fitflop Lena loafers, and they are heaven - wore them straight out of the box for two days straight with not even a hint of a problem or blister, and usually new shoes rub my heels raw.

Please
or

dudsville · 15/05/2022 08:09

I have a few pairs of "weejuns" by g h.bass. I first came across the brand while in American in an outlet mall. I don't think they're worth the price they sell for here, they come in around the £100 mark but are quite light and the all leather sole will wear put in a couple of years or so with frequent use. But they're sale prices can be good. They're the only loafers I have now. You're meant to buy them so they fit snugly, being all leather and quite light they turn to your foot shape quickly. I've never had blisters with them.

Please
or

Hurstlandshome · 15/05/2022 08:10

Ralph Lauren loafers can be worn, without pain, straight from the box.

Please
or

CuteOrangeElephant · 15/05/2022 08:12

I have some lovely ones from ECCO

Please
or

evilharpy · 15/05/2022 08:40

I had a pair of Clarks patent loafers that I managed to wear once and they went straight to the charity shop. They shredded not only my heels but also big toe, little toe and across the top of my foot.

I don't actually own these but if I was looking for comfy loafers I'd head to Russell & Bromley. They have lots for about £225, slightly above your budget but there's usually a 15% code floating around. No R&B shoes I've owned have ever made my feet miserable.

A cheaper option would be Moda in Pelle, they have a few including these. I do find you have to wear anything from MIP a couple of times before they're truly comfortable but they're not terrible straight out of the box! There's always MIP codes around too.

Please
or

Mojitoswithmintleaves · 15/05/2022 08:53

F&F loafers are good, although I've heard reviews that they're not very comfy if you've got very wide feet. I have the Apsleys and the Newmarkets, and the Newmarkets are my favourite pair of work shoes. Incredibly comfy from day one, I'm looking at getting them in black too as I'm on my feet all day and walk miles! I have a 10% off referral code if you are a new customer (or have a new email address!). I don't know what the rules are here on sharing codes, so I'll PM you.

Please
or

Mojitoswithmintleaves · 15/05/2022 08:56

(I also have the Trinitys and Hemsbys if you were looking at those! Sizing is odd on those though, I thought, and it was a bit of trial and error whereas the other two styles are true to size. They are all very comfortable but only the Newmarkets didn't need any breaking in).

Please
or

OxanaVorontsova · 15/05/2022 08:58

cheaper than your budget but I have some from Zara that are lovely and soft, £50

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.