Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Help! My trusty Boots essentials eye make up remover pads have been discontinued!

Blankspace4 · 10/10/2021 10:50

…the ones in the little blue circular pot. They were dirt cheap, oil based and the only thing that gets my waterproof mascara off.

I always wear waterproof (usually Lancôme) as my lashes are stubbornly straight so I need to curl them and then waterproof tends to hold a curl better. Every time I’ve switched to regular black I’ve been disappointed with the results.

I’ve now been unable to get hold of these old faithful remover pads for months and nothing else is working! I end up going to bed with eyelashes still somewhat stuck together and then waking up with smudges. I’ve tried the Simple pads and also micellar remover with cotton pads. Nothing is as good.

Any other diehard waterproof mascara fans have fail proof solution?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsMcCluskeysCat · 10/10/2021 10:53

An 'erase your face cloth'. Can't link but just google erase your face cloth and they will come up. Brilliant at getting any make up off with just water and much better for the environment too Smile

Please
or

doadeer · 10/10/2021 10:59

Any balm Cleanser. Just gentle rub over. Add a little water to empulsify. Then remove with water and/or water and flannel.

Please
or

Blankspace4 · 10/10/2021 12:03

Thanks - I’ll look in to both of them. I think I do have a balm cleanser in a box I’ve never used.

OP's posts:
Please
or

purplesequins · 10/10/2021 12:07

nivea blue pot any moisuriser on a corner of a damp flannel.
works really well and us gentle.

Please
or

BatshitCrazyWoman · 10/10/2021 12:49

I wear waterproof mascara. I take it off with the Nivea oil based eye makeup remover, the one you have to shake to mix. Works really well. Balm cleansers don't seem to get it all off

Please
or

doadeer · 10/10/2021 13:23

And after balm follow up with a normal cleanser which will remove anything the balm didn't so your skin is properly clean

Please
or

Rina66 · 10/10/2021 22:29

I loved these too, I've used them for 25 years, can't believe they've discontinued them - they were so convenient and most other eye make up removers made my eyes really puffy the next morning.
I've bought the Nivea Double Effects Eye Make Up remover and it definitely works on my waterproof mascara and DW foundation, however it's much less oily than the Boots pads. I felt the oil in the pads treated my lashes and my eye area, so now I'm using an eye cream.

Please
or

Tippexy · 10/10/2021 22:35

@doadeer

And after balm follow up with a normal cleanser which will remove anything the balm didn't so your skin is properly clean

You are a marketer’s dream 😂
Please
or

doadeer · 10/10/2021 22:39

Haha I'm not. I don't wear make up anymore but when I did I would clean my face properly.

Please
or

Naz2009 · 10/10/2021 23:04

@Blankspace4 snap also in the same dilemma. So been using Johnson's baby oil on a cotton pad to clean my mascara off. It does the trick. But nothing can beat how good the boots pads where.

Please
or

ruthieness · 10/10/2021 23:08

Baby oil works for me!

Please
or

thenightsky · 10/10/2021 23:08

][https://www.boots.com/botanics-all-bright-soothing-eye-makeup-remover-150-ml-10231430]]

This stuff on Boots oval shaped, double sided pads. I'm addicted to waterproof mascara, but this shifts it all without sore eyes.

Tried Nivea and ended up with red rimmed eyes.

Please
or

Orla1970 · 10/10/2021 23:42

Clinique Take the Day Off or Decleor. I only use waterproof black mascara and both work really well. A close 3rd is Boots No 7 eye makeup remover. The one that is two colours of blue and you shake before use to activate x

Please
or

NEWBIE09 · 13/12/2021 18:52

Blankspace4 - I’ve just found out these have been discontinued - totally gutted as I love them. Have you found an alternative that works? Thanks

Please
or

CazMar · 12/01/2022 18:33

I too have used these boots make up removers for years and it’s proving difficult to find a good replacement. Best substitute I have come up with yet - I split some cosmetic round pads into two thinner pads, put them in an old ‘boots remover pad’ pot and squirted a load of baby oil in them. Be careful not to drown them!! Good luck 😁

Please
or

NEWBIE09 · 12/01/2022 19:21

That’s a great idea 😊. I’ve tried quite a few pads, but none as good as the Boots ones. Baby oil seems to work well.

Please
or

SarahMaddox · 06/02/2022 17:50

I can't believe these have been discontinued. I have used these for decades as did my late mum before me. I have just thought they'd been out of stock for months due to Brexit or something, I've been constantly awaiting a restock. I see they still have them in Boots Bahrain but I don't think they deliver here. I literally can't live without them! Nothing compares. I'm absolutely gutted.

Please
or

NEWBIE09 · 06/02/2022 18:14

I’ve contacted Boots, they have definitely been discontinued. Like you, I am gutted. Still searching for something as good, and as easy to use.

Please
or

FelixPixie · 15/02/2022 12:36

I was gutted when these were discontinued, however, I have found the European version which are identical in every way - even the pot! Look on Amazon for Bebe eye makeup remover pads and you’ll find them. A little more expensive than good old Boots, but so worth it! 😊

Please
or

Kjr33 · 15/02/2022 15:53

A balm or oil cleanser should shift it no problem. I use a squaline one from the ordinary, boots had an ingredients range of skincare that has basically the same product though.

Please
or

ChuckBerrysBoots · 15/02/2022 15:57

Body shop do a camomile balm cleanser that whips any mascara off with ease

Please
or

Lilycairn · 23/09/2022 10:46

I am amazed that they have discontinued the eye makeup removal pads. Worked a treat on waterproof make up, cost effective and you can take them in planes!!! Why? Must have been a decision by a man. There is nothing in the market that is similar. When I asked was offered a liquid 5x more expensive! Does anyone know?

Please
or

FartOutLoudDay · 23/09/2022 12:04

Presumably because they’re not very environmentally friendly versus a bottle of make up remover and a washable cloth?

Please
or

AnchorWHAT · 23/09/2022 12:16

The only thing that works for me is cheap and cheerful baby oil, lots on the designed for make up removal make my eyes sting.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?