Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Pores be gone(or at least shrink a bit!)

MysteryMama · 27/08/2020 12:16

Anyone know of any magic remedies for enlarged pores? I hate my nose! I use a good primer, but on the days I’m makeup free, I hate how my skin looks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheBoots · 27/08/2020 12:17

Hoping to get some good recommendations, I've got similar skin! I've found the Ordinary AHA and BHA peel to be quite good.

Please
or

fishandchops · 27/08/2020 21:01

Watching as I have really visible pores on my nose and have used many products over the years.
I am currently using garnier cleanser and pixie glow tonic.

Please
or

Hawkmoth · 27/08/2020 21:07

My pores have never been since I started with rosehip oil (poppy austin). I wash with imperial leather then use two or three drops of that. I get compliments on my skin and everything.

Please
or

doadeer · 27/08/2020 21:08

What is your skincare regime?

Please
or

2andahalfpints · 27/08/2020 21:13

Liz Earle hot polish cleanser followed by pixie glow toner (I put this in a little spray bottle, spray on and wipe off) finish with moisturiser, just started using liz Earle skin repair gel as I love the cleanser so much and so far so good.
Use a loreal clay mask as and when I need too, comes in a pot so you can just dab it on the odd spot if you can't be bothered to do a whole face 😉

Please
or

GuyFawkesDay · 27/08/2020 21:17

Started a new regime....and it's having the pleasant byproduct of reducing my pores!

All FaceTheory: clarifying cleanser (aha/bha)
Moisturiser with niacinamide
Face oil with retinol and vitamin C & E, which I think is the thing that's doing it.

My skin is soooo smooth and soft!! Just hoping it deals with the acne scarring and cystic zits

Please
or

AnneLovesGilbert · 27/08/2020 21:19

Please
or

GuyFawkesDay · 27/08/2020 21:29

That toner is great, I've used it too but stopped as my new stuff has it in and thought it might be overkill. But it's FAB and a great price.

Please
or

Blahblahblahyadayadayada · 27/08/2020 21:30

Weirdly, I have found that loccitane divine cream in the blue tub seems to have a remarkable effect. I bought a trial set as it is stupidly expensive, so I may never buy a full sized one.

Please
or

TableNiner · 27/08/2020 22:32

Niacinamide

Please
or

pguppgdown · 27/08/2020 23:42

I second niacinimide and zinc for reducing the appearance of large pores: superdrug do one, labelled' revolution', costs around £8, lasts for ages.

Please
or

EnoughAlready2020 · 27/08/2020 23:46

I agree with @AnneLovesGilbert although I picked up a couple of bottles today and they've DOUBLED in price!! We need to stop recommending this range 😩

Please
or

MysteryMama · 27/08/2020 23:52

Thanks ladies!
Ok, I’ve looked at the Superdrug stuff-looks good!
Should I buy anything else with it? Cleanser? Toner? Etc. I’m using the ordinary moisturiser at the moment

OP's posts:
Please
or

Redact · 28/08/2020 08:16

Pixi glow toner has reduced the size of my pores. I started using it as it was a freebie in the M&S advent calendar and it really has made a huge change to my skin. When I first started using it I got my some nasty large spots appearing but I persevered and it's paid off as my skin is better looking than it has been in years.

Please
or

AnneLovesGilbert · 28/08/2020 09:47

www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face-Skin-Care/Cleansers/Face-Toner/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Glycolic-Tonic-5%25-300ml/p/779938

300ml and it’s on bogof. I stocked up on my last order. Bargain!

I use the foaming cleanser too OP. Heard people rave about the overnight peel but I haven’t used it.

The nip+fab pads are great too, but pricier.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.