My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Skin advice please! Periorifical dermatitis and rosacea nightmare!

5 replies

Zodiejodie · 02/01/2019 16:37

I was born with rosacea unfortunately! I've hadvery visable broken blood vessels over my cheeks chin and nose my whole life and generally a very red face. I get flare ups where my cheeks and chin burn and flush probably about twice a week.

Had enough of it about 3 years ago and decided to have the blood vessels lasered off. A lot of money later and my face was now a tolerable shade of pink and I felt a lot more confident.

But unfortunately now the broken blood vessels have started coming back back I'm very red again.

Im so self conscious about it and want to cover it with make up but to make matters worse I've developed periorifical dermatitis so have a rash around my chin, nose and cheeks which is a mixture of peeling cracked skin and little pus filled spots.

I had a 4 month course of antibiotics to try to get rid of it and that helped a bit but now it's come back. My GP says not to put anything on my skin at all because it will just make the dermatitis worse. So no make up, moisturiser or soap.

Does anyone suffer with either of these skin conditions? I could really use some advice on how to help treat them and what I can do to disguise my red face! Hate feeling so self conscious about the way I look.

OP posts:
namechangedforanon · 02/01/2019 19:11

Hello! Are you on facebook?

There’s a super knowledgeable community of us on a group called Dr Sams Skincare Club

I’ve seen a few recommendations for perioral derm products let me have a check !

namechangedforanon · 02/01/2019 19:16
  • cut out toothpastes with SLS and fluoride ideally
  • protopic ointment
  • Bactroban lotion

This also could be useful www.carolinehirons.com/2014/11/perioral-dermatitis-or-those-red.html
trigger2 · 02/01/2019 20:05

I have rosace type 1 and have had perioral dermatitis twice.

I ended up seeing a dermatologist privately and firstly was given Elidel which helped. However when PD returned the E no longer helped so the derm gave me soolantra instead.

The soolantra has worked really well for both (which surprised me).

Check out Dr Dray on YouTube. She’s a dermatologist and gives good straightforward advice.

I know PD doesn’t like moisture so I can find it tricky to balance my skincare between my dry eczema prone skin and the PD. I tend to use either Avene, LRP, CeraVe or E45 products, all unscented, and spf every single day.

namechangedforanon · 02/01/2019 21:40

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JMAngel1 · 02/01/2019 22:38

please get soolantra - life changing - good luck.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.