My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Would going to a Sk:n clinic help me?

2 replies

Thecla · 28/12/2018 22:27

Is anyone a Sk:n Clinic regular?

Thinking 2019 I will really make an effort with my skin. There's a clinic round the corner from my office so would be easy to go to eg during lunch break.

I'm 45, with very oily skin, large pores that get blocked with whiteheads, some light acne scarring, pigmented spots. Wondering what I can do.

I've tried Nip and Fab glycolic acid products, Elemis, Dermalogica, No 7, LRP, Korean snail and other skin care products. Kind of ok skin now but I want to take it to the next level.

OP posts:
LostInShoebiz · 28/12/2018 22:50

I find them a bit of a rip off. For example, a basic peel requires payment for the peel plus a kit to go with it. My doctor charges for the peel then tells me what I can use from from existing skincare rather than buying a kit.

Unless you’re in the middle of nowhere (unlikely as you have a sk:n) you’ll find better value with other clinics. Please just see an actual doctor though, I can’t urge you enough to do that.

Thecla · 30/12/2018 10:08

Thanks LostInShoebiz, that's really good advice! I suppose they need a lot of money for advertising etc.

Can I ask, can you go straight to a dermatologist, or is a GP consult needed first? Also, roughly how much did it cost for the peel at the dermatologist (also any other fees, regular consultation fees)?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.