My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Best concealer for 12 year old dd's spots

6 replies

thisisnothow · 28/12/2018 18:04

Dd has started to get quite a few spots. She has been using me Roche possay face wash and moisturiser. They do a tinted moisturiser as part of their range for spotty skin but it is too dark/ Orange for my dd. Looking for a subtle concealer for her as she is a bit self conscious.

OP posts:
Troton · 28/12/2018 21:44

I actually use Vichy demablemd foundation as a concealer for spots and red marks.
Dab a tiny bit on the back of my hand then use an eye makeup brush or finger to gently dab the tiny tiniest bit onto spots and blend a bit around them. It’s very good and lasts forever.

Meesh77 · 28/12/2018 21:51

My DD suffered at that age. We bought quinoderm face wash on amazon and used rugby 10 cream for a while but it was too harsh.

Now using quinoderm with Duac cream and Clinique foundation and that’s done the trick!

BiggFactHunt · 28/12/2018 21:58

I use IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness on DD. It’s yellow based so cancels redness without looking like she’s wearing make up. Although her skin has massively improved since she switched skincare and is now using LRP Effaclar Cleansing Gel and Pai blemish serum.

Ollivander84 · 28/12/2018 22:04

Revolution conceal and define is good, comes in lots of pale shades too

Dinosaurus86 · 28/12/2018 22:24

She probably doesn’t need all over foundation so I’d recommend the little tubes of concealer from Bobbi Brown. I’m pretty pale and use ‘porcelain’ and they have an even lighter ‘alabaster’ shade. It’s a creamy liquid with a brush and I just dab it on individual spots and blend. I often use with Clarins BB cream (although I have to blend this carefully because their lightest shade is a little dark for me) but also use it alone.

AnnaMagnani · 29/12/2018 10:21

Dermablend and watch the Lisa Eldridge video.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.