My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

11 year old girl clothes.

17 replies

hotchocolate86 · 19/12/2018 10:41

I’d like to get my daughter some clothes for Christmas that are a little more grown up but I’m clueless as to what styles are in for her age. Can anyone help me find a nice outfit or two for her? Thank you

OP posts:
MissWimpyDimple · 19/12/2018 12:02

Zara has nice outfits for young teens. My 12 yo really likes their stuff.

twosoups1972 · 19/12/2018 12:13

My dd loves the 9-15 section in New Look

Bokky · 19/12/2018 12:18

Was also going to recommend New Look

Boatsnack3 · 19/12/2018 12:21

My dd likes New Look and River Island.

I just got her some nice tops for Christmas from Kylie at M&CO all the party clothes were less than half price too.

ems137 · 19/12/2018 12:34

New look teen range and also Matalan is where I've got lots of my DDs clothes from recently

hotchocolate86 · 19/12/2018 15:27

Thank you for the suggestions. What do you think to this dress?

OP posts:
MissWimpyDimple · 19/12/2018 16:31

I think if the occasion was right that would be very nice.

PutDownThatLaptop · 19/12/2018 16:55

I'd ask her. I say this after several mail order/shop purchases that have been met with horror by my 11 year old, including the last order that arrived: "But you know I don't wear dresses!"
Funny that, as not five months ago I seem to remember spending a small fortune on a primary prom dress.

hotchocolate86 · 19/12/2018 19:29

Thank you. I do want her to have a look but I’m hoping to just give her something slightly more grown up as she is still inclined to choose things that are very young in style and she is struggling to fit in at secondary school. I want to try and subtly encourage her to feel a little more grown up so she can feel like she fits in a bit better.

OP posts:
postitnot · 19/12/2018 21:22

I bought my 11yr old some subtle grey/black zebra striped skinny jeans and a grey jumper from Zara. (Hope she likes them!) She's also very into her converse high tops.

Elzbells · 19/12/2018 21:36

The Y7's here, including my daughter, generally just wear sports leggings and hoodies (Nike, Adidas, Hype) with Adidas Superstars.

They also all have a uniform from New Look which consists of ripped knees jeans and cropped hoodies. I have noticed that Fila trainers are the new big thing also.

olivertwistwantsmore · 19/12/2018 21:39

That dress would be too old for my then 11yo. At 11 she was into adidas trainers, new look skinny jeans and tees. But girls are all different - go shopping with her and see what she likes.

Elzbells · 19/12/2018 21:39

Like this

shouting · 19/12/2018 22:06

My 11 year old pretty much lives in skinny jeans or leggings, hoodies and high tops. Very occasionally she may wear a skater style dress or skirt, usually with a hoodie and er...high tops. Oh and she absolutely will NOT let me choose clothes for her.

hotchocolate86 · 19/12/2018 22:06

Hmmm I wonder if I should give her some money and the promise of a shopping trip then. She’s never shown much interest in a sporty style but if the other girls at school are going for that she may feel differently.
I was concerned the dress would be too grown up. I think I will give that a miss.

OP posts:
hotchocolate86 · 19/12/2018 22:11

My daughter doesn’t seem to have a style as such. She just likes comfy clothes so leggings and slouchy jumpers. No cropped trousers, 3/4 sleeves, cropped jumpers etc. No stiff jeans or button waistbands or anything. She has a tendency to just grab the first items she finds in her drawers and wear them regardless of whether they clash with each other or not. I think it’s great that she is happy to just wear what she likes but i Just hope to encourage her to wear some items that will all work together and be comfy for her.

OP posts:
fringegrin45 · 20/12/2018 00:35

Maybe invest in a couple of stylish T-shirts, a good quality sweatshirt and some nice casual trainers/boots. They only need a few things if they have a school uniform.

If you buy her a load of stuff she feels uncomfortable it will just stay in her drawer. Don't waste money on expensive jeans etc let her keep her leggings. Depends what the kids near you tend to wear though

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.