My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Help me to spend my money and make myself over please!

1 reply

Cantchoosenickname · 16/12/2018 15:03

As the title suggests I have some money to spend on myself (£500-£800 ish) and I could do with a mini makeover. Would prefer to wait until after Christmas because I’ve just got too much to do between now and then and I want to get this makeover right, not impulse buy/spend!

I’m nearly 40, slim, dark hair and quite pasty, dull, dry skin at the moment. I wear skinny jeans/boots/flowy tops - mostly in black/grey. I’m quite comfortable in these outfits so don’t really want to change them but I could do with updating my wardrobe in some way. I like to think I have the potential to look quite groomed in a classic way but I’m a bit scared of getting it wrong and either dressing too old/too young for my age.

I’ve already decided to spend some on hair cut, nails and eyebrows but could do with some specific pointers with everything really. I’d like a capsule type wardrobe (shop mainly at cheap stores ie, H&M, New Look, ASOS) so that everything goes together but I look and feel like I’ve made an effort iyswim?

OP posts:
SpeckledyHen · 16/12/2018 16:32

Why not invest in a colour and style day first ? It should be easy after that to get it right and launch a new you .

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.