My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Caffeine scrub, and eye bags.

13 replies

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 04:10

I have started using a home-made scrub, with coffee grounds, combined with oil and sugar. I put it in a gauze bag, as using it direct makes a real old mess in the shower... But a couple of days, I haven't had caffeine due to sleeping issues, hence posting at silly o clock, and my eye bags have gone right down! They weren't enormous, but I was aware of them, and they were annoying. I realise the title looks like I am using the scrub on my eyes. I'm not, but I'm a combination of mega impressed with the results of no caffeine, and very sad that something that brings me so much joy in the morning can affect my appearance so much! The jury's still out on the effects of the scrub on my thighs. Anyone tried anything similar, or had miraculous results from cream/gel using caffeine? I think there is some in some eye gels, but they never seemed to make any difference for me. he

OP posts:
SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 04:11

If I absolutely had to, I would use caffeine free coffee to drink, but sometimes when I am half asleep it helps me start the day.

OP posts:
dredwardarabbatemple · 15/12/2018 04:36

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 04:39

Now Edward following me around MN with your spammy spam is just a bit, well....odd. Reported.

OP posts:
Santasushi · 15/12/2018 04:53

Spongebob, I need to try this! I want to cut out caffeine anyway but getting rid of bags would spur me on!
Have you had any withdrawals?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 11:53

Not yet... I don't drink lots of caffeine tho. Probably a double dose in the morning, to perk me up, then caffeine free tea. I will have normal coffee if I go to Maccie D, or Costa, but I tend to get a free one every week with my phone contract, and that will probably be it. Can you come back and let me know how you get on if you try it? TBH, in only one day of not having the coffee my eyes were noticeable less pouchy.

OP posts:
sizzledrizz · 15/12/2018 12:00

Oh gosh. I have terrible eye bags snd drink a lot of coffee. Is it the lack of sleep or the caffeine...

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 12:09

For me, its more about the caffeine, as I sleep ok normally, and still have the bags.

OP posts:
SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 14:06

Are you going to have a go Sizzle?

OP posts:
Santasushi · 15/12/2018 16:50

Will do spongebob

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 24/12/2018 07:28

So my eye-bags are down, and my cellutlite is definitely looking a lot smoother. The fat is still there, but it's a higher quality, smoother, fat Xmas Grin

OP posts:
chasegirl · 24/12/2018 10:26

I like the sound if that. What oil are you using and where do you get the gauze bags from?
Do you use it every day?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 24/12/2018 20:08

I am currently using food grade avocado oil, but I would think you could use ordinary cooking oil, allergies permitting. I have just used a bog-standard gauze bag, the type that you get earrings/small gifts in, with a drawstring at the top. I attempt to do it every day, but had the occasional forgetting miss.

OP posts:
SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 25/12/2018 13:37

Forgot to add, I put some sugar in to make it more of a scrub. Would imagine coarse salt would be good too. And watch your shower curtains, you need to rinse them off as well!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.