My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Anyone ever made the Vit C face treatment?

14 replies

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 13/12/2018 20:29

Aaaaages ago, someone (sorry can't remember who, but please come on if it was you) linked to a recipe for a vitamin c spray on another forum. I kept the link, but not the original thread, and have finally made it! Been using it about a fortnight, and its worked out cheap as chips, and sees to be improving the face! Anyone else tried it?

OP posts:
zippyswife · 13/12/2018 20:35

It wasn’t me but what’s the recipe and what does it do

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 13/12/2018 20:38

I'll see if I can get the link up again Zippy, as it was quite a long explanation.

OP posts:
SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 13/12/2018 20:40

Here you go Zippy.

OP posts:
zippyswife · 14/12/2018 21:41

Thanks OP. what skin type do you have?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 04:03

Middle aged but still combination skin.I'm also using it on my hands, as its so cheap to make, because I think I read that it should improve age spots. Which weirdly, I have on one hand but not the other!

OP posts:
Floralhousecoat · 15/12/2018 09:23
SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 11:55

Thanks Coat. That's pretty much the recipe I am using, assuming you are talking about Cedge's one. The link I posted comes from Reddit, and just has glycerin added, as she thought it was too runny without. I use less glycerin, but I haven't tried it completely without, as the way it was explained made sense.

OP posts:
Floralhousecoat · 15/12/2018 20:19

You're welcome spongebob.
Would you kindly post your recipe for the vitamin c treatment? I'm also interested to know where you buy it from and how long it will keep before deteriorating?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 20:29

There's a link at 2040 up thread, and I actually printed it off to absorb it properly. I can go off and see if I can get the ebay/Amazon links I used. I understand that it will deteriorate once mixed, so I have it in a dark coloured glass spray bottle, kept in a cupboard, and make a new mix once a week. I use half the recomended amounts, as the original author seems to use it on her body as well, and I just do my face and hands at this stage. It's worth reading the whole thing, as it makes more sense, as there is stuff about ph testing on there...which I have to admit I don't bother with, but it makes sense to have the opportunity.

OP posts:
SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 15/12/2018 20:33
OP posts:
Floralhousecoat · 15/12/2018 20:59

Awww op. You're an absolute star for taking the time to write all that out. Thank you so much. Xx

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 17/12/2018 16:16

No worries. You're welcome. Doing that has stopped me murdering DSD and DH, so it's all good. Are you going to give it a go?

OP posts:
Floralhousecoat · 17/12/2018 22:17

I do want to try it although I'm worried about getting proportions right etc. And burning my face off. My face never ever responds to ANY kind of treatment or product. It's so strange and I've given up trying to understand it and just use organic olive oil for cleansing, and rose water and argan oil for toning and moisturizing. All organic. But can't tell if it's made any difference whatsoever.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants · 18/12/2018 22:30

It's just like following a recipe, and I would say the starting levels of vit C would be ok. Obs if you feel any discomfort, you would stop doing it. I think my fizzog is looking a bit better. I would say you are cleaning and moisturising well on your current regime, but there is nothing 'active' in there to produce a significant difference. You can buy vit C products, I think The Ordinary do them, if it would make you feel more confident, but you won't get the same value for money as diy.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.