My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Hair loss and highlights

2 replies

TomYumSoup · 10/12/2018 16:56

I've been reading the hair loss threads on here with interest. I had a kidney transplant four months ago and for the last couple of months my hair has been coming out, probably 5 clumps every time I wash it and even without touching it still shedding all of the time.. Docs said it's due to anti rejection meds which we may are hoping to change in the new year. In the meantime I'm booked in for a cut and highlights next week. I'm really not sure what to do. It's also gone more grey than usual, i know trauma can do this so some highlights would help with that. On one hand I'm thinking if I'm going to lose it anyway can I do any more damage by getting highlights, then on the hand thinking this could finish it off. I have some Josh Wood Instant Root Concealer Spray which isn't really doing it. Don't know whether to even get it cut as had it done about 8 weeks ago so not desperate and it looks shorter with the hair loss. But also want to look half decent for Christmas. Any advice much appreciated. TIA

OP posts:
Beebumble2 · 10/12/2018 17:23

Sorry about your health problems.
I’d be worried about the chemicals used for the highlights. My hair is naturally silver grey, it started going in my 30s.
I lightened it blond for many years and it got thinner and thinner. I no longer put any chemicals on it and there has certainly been an improvement in thickness and condition.
I’d rather spend the money on a really good cut and organic shampoo.

TomYumSoup · 10/12/2018 18:32

Thank you for the reply. I'm using Watermans shampoo and conditioner which a lot of people recommend but it isn't doing anything for me. Tbh i'm now thinking it isn't even worth getting it cut as I will be lucky to have it in the new year and it's only because I had so much to start with that it doesn't look too bad on the day I wash it even though I can now see/feel my scalp. Thanks again.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.