My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Where online do you buy beauty things and stuff?

7 replies

GoldilocksAndTheThreePears · 10/12/2018 14:20

I never buy or use beauty stuff anymore, I'm basically housebound and unable to use most things. But my mum has asked for really good quality tweezers and nail clippers for Christmas, and I'm stumped where to look! She specifically said no superdrug/boots cheapy ones but I have no idea brands or sites to look at, even prices!

Can anyone recommend a beauty site or brand to look into? I'm cutting it a bit late now I know! Or recommend a pair of tweezers, she wants really good flat ones, not skinny point. I'm stumped!

OP posts:
madmum5811 · 10/12/2018 14:22

Tweezerman for tweezers from Boots, not cheap but superb.

No idea on nail clippers sorry.

ToftheB · 10/12/2018 14:35

I agree, tweezerman are the only tweezers you need. m.feelunique.com/p/Tweezerman-Mini-Slant--Tweezer

They also do nail scissors or clippers eg m.feelunique.com/p/Tweezerman-Nail-Scissors-Stainless-Steel which I’ve not tried but I imagine are good.

You can get them from amazon, boots online etc - but I’ve found feelunique good in the past and they do free shipping if you spend £20

beanaseireann · 10/12/2018 15:19

A vote for Tweezerman here too

TheCountryGirl · 10/12/2018 16:54

Sainsbury's make amazing nail clippers. I cant remember the name but I think the word Works is in it. They cut through the hardest toenails like paper.

EnidButton · 10/12/2018 17:30

Feel Unique
Look Fantastic
Boots
Cult Beauty
Guru Emporium
John Lewis
Harvey Nichols
Selfridges

The first 3 on the list ^ are your best bet. Tweezerman are the best I've used. Last forever and come in nice colours.

Truckingonandon · 10/12/2018 17:31

Everything Enid said, plus Space NK.

beanaseireann · 10/12/2018 17:32

Cloud10 Beauty is a good online beauty store. I get my The Ordinary products from them

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.