My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Lady Garden Maintenance 🙄

16 replies

FickleFingers · 30/11/2018 16:23

Full disclosure - I wax the whole thing off!
My issue is that contrary to what Veet proclaim I get nowhere near 28 days hair free!
In fact I wax at least twice a week and tweeze regularly Inbetween. What am I doing wrong?
I am very dark haired with ridiculously fair skin but surely it should just get the message and give up growing 🤣
Does anyone have any advice on how to make my wax last longer? Are there any creams or potions to achieve this?
Any advice appreciated.

OP posts:
Snowwontbelong · 30/11/2018 16:29

Double sided tape.
Bit of tinsel over the area til Jan?

FickleFingers · 30/11/2018 16:42

Haha thanks, er I might give that a miss. I can imagine the itch wouldn't be pleasant!

OP posts:
XingMing · 30/11/2018 16:45

I read the title as Lazy Garden Maintenance and wondered why it was in S&B. As you were.......

NicoAndTheNiners · 30/11/2018 16:50

Stop waxing and start shaving and use a Philips Lumea as well? You'd probably need to do it twice a week for a while but it should really slow the growth down after a while.

kenandbarbie · 30/11/2018 17:40

Let it grow free like the hanging gardens of Babylon

kenandbarbie · 30/11/2018 17:41

(I think you might be ripping the hairs instead of pulling them out)

House4 · 30/11/2018 17:42

Lazier hair removal

JW1226 · 30/11/2018 17:43

Let it grow let it grow let it grow "

I'd let it grow if you'd prefer also you can get mini sized clippers for your lady garden and just strip the sides or shave the sides for it to be tidier I gave up shaving,waxing, hair removing and much prefer it now! Xx

recently · 30/11/2018 17:45

You're not doing anything wrong - 28 days is a lie! Just let it grow!

FickleFingers · 30/11/2018 17:53

Thanks everyone, I was really hoping there is a magic hair killing cream that I didn't know about 🤔
Is the lumia any good then, will start saving for one if so...
With regards to ripping the hairs, they are definitely coming out at the root (I'm a saddo and have a good look at the wax strip when I've used it!)
Think I'm just a gorilla but I am determined to win the battle 😁

OP posts:
Buddywoo · 30/11/2018 18:13

Mine has disappeared naturally. I hate it and so does my husband.

WeSaluteYou · 30/11/2018 18:20

I think the issue isn’t that you’re waxing the same hairs twice a week, just that you’ve got hair on lots of different cycles of growth. So if you wax once a week all the hairs you pull out that time will take about 4 weeks to grow back. So try and extend the time between your waxing sessions to get more hairs onto the same cycle. Ideally don’t wax for two weeks and then do it all, then wait two weeks and do it all again. The more frequently you wax the more frequently you’ll get regrowth so it’s a vicious cycle

FickleFingers · 30/11/2018 18:21

See if mine disappeared naturally I would be thrilled.
I know not everyone likes the hair free way but I do and was just hoping to get advice to make my wax last longer!

OP posts:
Ladominate14 · 30/11/2018 18:21

@FickleFingers, how do you wax off the underneath bit? I am trying to maintain my Brazilian and find getting these hairs out nigh on impossible!

Racecardriver · 30/11/2018 18:25

In your place I would just opt for laser removal. I know it’s exoensive but surely you don’t want to have to keep this up until you hit menopause. Or maybe there is something that will make having hair more pleasant? Why do you wax it off?

FickleFingers · 30/11/2018 18:30

Ladominate14 it's tricky but once you just go for it it's easier! Legs up on the bath helps 😁
Racecardriver I would love it to be lasered off but I just don't have the money at the moment. I wax it off for the usual reasons I guess, feels fresher during my period and my husband loves it!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.