My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Electric toothbrush advice?

7 replies

Hannnnnnnxo · 23/11/2018 15:06

I have a basic Oral B electric toothbrush already, but looking to upgrade! Boots have the Oral B genius 9000 and Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6100 for the same price on offer. I’m not sure which one to go for?

Oral B’s has more accessories, Bluetooth functionality with an advanced app a but I’m not sure if I’ll actually use those features

Philips frankly looks nicer, but I suppose isn’t as advanced - It’s not their top of the line model. I am interested in trying the slimmer brush head though because the Oral B experience won’t be that different for me as I already have a basic model.

Would appreciate any thoughts!

OP posts:
Hannnnnnnxo · 23/11/2018 15:08
OP posts:
Suzyloo · 23/11/2018 15:57

The Oral B one is their top of the line, so I suppose technically better although I know what you mean about the apps and the Bluetooth - I would never use them, or swap the brush heads over mid-clean. Incidentally, I was looking at the Oral B ones yesterday and the 9000 is £10 cheaper today against an already huge saving (if the RRP is correct). I've only had Oral Bs, so I don't know how widely the Philips brush-heads are available or what different types they have, but the Oral B ones seem to be discounted quite often which is attractive Grin.

APositiveMind · 23/11/2018 17:42

Dental nurse here, we always recommend the oral b. But the actual motor in the pro range is exactly the same. So your only really paying for the flashy bits I.E bluetooth ect.
Phillips doesn't rotate and pulsate like oral b, thus making it a manual toothbrush that slightly vibrates. It's the rotating and plustating movements that clean your teeth.

XingMing · 23/11/2018 17:42

Oral B because the brush heads are cheaper and better than Philips.

Mercurial123 · 23/11/2018 18:25

I've got both but Oral B gets my teeth looking and feeling really clean. My dentist and hygienist also recommend Oral B over sonicare

simonthedog · 23/11/2018 18:28

Anything from the Oral B Pro 2000 upwards have the same motor so the only different things about the higher numbers are the accessories and add ons. The brush itself is the same.

Hannnnnnnxo · 23/11/2018 20:51

Thank you allGrin you won’t be surprised to find that I ordered the Oral B genius!

I think if I would get a Philips brush, I’d get the top end one, which at £380 isn’t something I’m going to buy soon! But still very excited to receive my order, my current brush desperately needs replacing as it’s years old.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.