My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Does anyone here wear Ecco?

21 replies

dottyaboutstripes · 20/11/2018 14:24

I'm late 40s, in the throes of peri and everything hurts, including my feet! Ecco shoes and boots look so comfy and inviting but I just don't know....... are there any which could be considered stylish?! And are they really as comfortable as they look? I walk everywhere and am starting to feel a bit desperate.

OP posts:
Lottapianos · 20/11/2018 14:26

I'm wearing a pair of ECCO boots as we speak Smile I think they look fine, they're biker style with size zips and I have had some compliments on them. Yes, they are extremely comfortable and I love them a lot. I walk loads as well and would happily do a 10 mile walk in these. Go for it!

Bananalanacake · 20/11/2018 14:27

They are very comfortable. My dp always wears them. The factory is near us in Denmark.

ToftheB · 20/11/2018 16:44

I've got a thing for Ecco boots - I used to live in Ecco Runners from vintage shops and ebay in my early 20s. They don't make them any more, but I've got a pair of biker boots with a zip (perhaps they're the same as yours Lotta? I think they're called a Zoe) that are really comfy and go with anything.
I wouldn't wear all of the styles by any means, but they're well made and comfy and some of them are very nice.

bingohandjob · 20/11/2018 17:50

Yes, got several pairs (and Geox which are also really comfortable) I've got 'sensible' walking ones for my walking commute and smarter more formal styles for work. Love them.

LadyPamplemousse · 20/11/2018 17:53

I think Ecco have upped their style game in recent years. However the nuns at my school always wore Ecco shoes so I still have a mental block where that brand is concerned.

LizzieBennettDarcy · 20/11/2018 17:54

I've had several pairs over the years. I don't give a shit what I look like as long as I'm comfy.

Chewbecca · 20/11/2018 17:58

I have some. I think it depends how stylish you want to be. Super stylish - no ECCO.
I find Fly London and Gabor also pretty comfy.

GVmama · 20/11/2018 18:00

I have an amazing pair of wool lined boots, similar in style to leather UGGs but slimmer and I get so many compliments on them.

They're warm, comfortable and still look great 3 yrs on. It'll be a sad day when I have to retire them!

redsummershoes · 20/11/2018 18:01

I have some nice ecco court shoes.
comfy and look classy

Todamhottoday · 20/11/2018 18:04

Have a couple of pairs of ECCO short/ankle boots had for many winters and they are lined with a type of thinsulate, excellent quality and very very warm and comfortable

I have just returned a pair of Gabor boots, the stitching came apart at the bottom of the zip and they were full of glue under the leather. Wore them lightly for 4 weeks, not impressed.

Todamhottoday · 20/11/2018 18:07

They are similar to the ECCO shape 25

RetiredNotExpired · 20/11/2018 18:25

I've had numerous pairs of Eccos over the years: shoes, walking boots, ankle boots, knee-high boots. Always found them very comfy and hardwearing.

Depending on how important style is to you, I can also recommend Hotter shoes. My first experience with them was a few years ago when I bought a pair of cream-coloured trainer-ish shoes for a holiday where I knew we were going to be doing a lot of walking (theme park and tourist walking). On previous such holidays I'd taken two pairs shoes/sandals and alternated them. The year I bought the Hotters, they were so comfy I wore them everyday for three weeks. They were tough, too. Took a lot of wear and abuse.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar · 20/11/2018 18:29

I love Ecco shoes. I have tricky feet so I’m prepared to sacrifice style for comfort, but if you go with the simpler styles they’re not too frumpy.

thedevilinablackdress · 20/11/2018 19:18

If you choose carefully I think they're excellent style & comfort wise

LoniceraJaponica · 20/11/2018 19:26

I have just ordered these
18 year old DD thinks they look cool.

dottyaboutstripes · 21/11/2018 10:07

Thanks for all your thoughts. If I get a chance I might go to the actual store! 30% off at the moment in case anyone else is interested

OP posts:
Ariela · 21/11/2018 10:58

I did used to like Ecco, but now I prefer Hotter. Think they've 25% off ATM due to Black Friday., and Hotter are made in UK

Judystilldreamsofhorses · 21/11/2018 11:34

I have small, wide feet, and bought some black Chelsea boots from Ecco a few years ago - they are perfect, and look very similar to DM Floras. They leak a bit now, so I tracked down an identical pair because they are so comfy. I wasn't keen on a lot of the stock in the shop, and would never have gone in if I hadn't spotted these boots in the window as I passed by, but for a "classic" item I think they probably do them very well.

Todamhottoday · 21/11/2018 13:01

My 2 pairs of Hotter long boots are made in India!

But they really do push how British they are....

Ariela · 21/11/2018 16:19

@Todamhottoday they keep that very quiet then, it seems if you look at their stuff online it's all made in Lancashire, certainly none I've bought have been made in India

Todamhottoday · 21/11/2018 16:29

Ariela, I went and check both pairs, just on the fold next to the zip Made in India' as well as the style number (Briony) both in black and brown.

Im sure if you checked the shoes they will not all be made in the UK

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.