My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Urgent help - bruised leg, short dress

14 replies

Pinkvici22 · 10/11/2018 19:54

Please help me! I fell on Thursday night and have a really bad bruise on my leg (about the size of my palm). It’s quite sore to touch and has turned black.

I’ve put a cold compress on and Arnica, but how can I get rid of it fast?

I have an interview and a date with a new guy this week...and both planned outfits involve nude tights/bare legs!

Any suggestions (other than wear trousers or black tights!)?

OP posts:
Roobub · 10/11/2018 20:03

Sally Hansen Air Brush Legs spray! It's brilliant - covers allsorts and doesn't rub off on clothes. They come up quite dark though so get a shade lighter than you think you need.

Loubeylou · 10/11/2018 20:05

You could try applying lavender oil on the bruise, twice a day, that should help it to fade really quickly. Other than that Vichy do Dermablend make up which covers things like scars and marks. Hope this helps and good luck for the interview and I hope the date goes well.

OHolyNightOwl · 10/11/2018 20:06

Tattoo covering makeup or a full coverage concealer, powder and finally setting spray so it lasts.

Pinkvici22 · 10/11/2018 20:19

I do actually have Sally Hansen leg make up but I usually apply it with a tanning mitt so it’s quite sheer - should I apply it directly to my leg? I’m quite tanned so the colour will be fine.

OP posts:
Pinkvici22 · 10/11/2018 20:20

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

OP posts:
Roobub · 10/11/2018 20:24

I definitely think the Sally Hansen is at least worth a test run before you shell out on something else. I think the coverage is pretty good. Even if you needed two layers on that area I think if you wore sheer tights over top it would look fine. I spray directly on from about a foot away.

gilmoregal · 10/11/2018 20:29

Definitely Sally Henson I usually apply directly to my legs and use a make up brush to stipple extra over and blend when covering something.

Pinkvici22 · 10/11/2018 20:57

Okay thank you all so much. I’ll keep applying arnica - I’ve also just read about applying toothpaste!?? I’ll have a Sally Hansen test run in the next couple of days....fingers crossed!

OP posts:
FellSwoop · 10/11/2018 21:34

Two ways with red lipstick...stick with me, it sounds daft but works

Mix a little red lipstick with concealer to make it an orangey pink colour and then apply on the bruise and set with a little powder.
or
Dab the red lipstick on the bruise with your finger, then dab concealer on top, set with powder.

Also works on dark circles under eyes.
And hiding 5pm shadow on drag queens!

Pinkvici22 · 10/11/2018 22:19

Red lipstick???? Sounds terrifying but I’ll give anything a go it looks so bad.

OP posts:
Silverstreaks · 10/11/2018 22:49

Eat lots of broccoli. It used to work wonders for my fally down bruises.

JuniperBeer · 10/11/2018 22:51

A bruise is a collection of blood under the skin so it’s unliekly rubbing lavender oil in will do anything other than make it smell nice. It won’t make anything go quicker than if you just rubbed it with moisturiser.

I’d definitely go for a cover up option!

FritzyMousey · 10/11/2018 22:51

I find the arnica tablets so much better than the cream, reduces the bruise in half the time, worth a try if you can get some

bobstersmum · 10/11/2018 22:52

Keep up with the arnica twice a day it will fade it

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.