My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Anyone mixed lush caca noir and brun?

3 replies

ifeellikeanidiot · 10/11/2018 12:12

I've just used the lush henna for the first time. I was just looking to add depth to my mousey brown hair as it's quite lack lustre and kind of see through. It's thick and 2c/3a curly, so super porus and quite dry.

I used the brun shade as i wasn't interested in a massive colour change, just a bit darker with minimal red. It's worked really well and I'm happy but am now tempted to redo it with a noir/ brun mix.

I didn't even consider the noir cause assumed it was black. But looking online it seems that it's a cool dark brown. I love cool tones, but don't want to go super dark. Wondered if a two parts brun to one part noir might work. I don't mind a bit of red tone, but prefer cooler reds.

Then i just found a YouTube video with a woman using 3/1 noir/brun. She started off with exactly same hair colour as me, and it turned a beautiful cool mid brown.

I'm really tempted to copy her exactly, but worried it will be different on me. Scared of going too dark, and wondering if putting it on my hair that already has brun on it will mean it doesn't work as well.

It would be great to know if anyone has any experience of mixing or of using the noir in general?

OP posts:
ifeellikeanidiot · 10/11/2018 21:03

Bumping

OP posts:
70isaLimitNotaTarget · 10/11/2018 21:22

I have done Lush Henna mixing . I started with bleached hair that I had cropped so it was 1" or so long , hennaed with brun (I didn't want any red)

It took very well, I kept having my hair cropped (to remove the dye )and henna-ing.
Mixed the brun:noir 2:1 then 50:50 until it was red setter coloured (my hair is mid/dark brown naturally)

Then I used noire alone , but my hair got too dark .

I don't henna now ( I use a semi permenant)

Henna does vary as does the outcome.
If you keep it warm ( with cling film and a towel) it increases the red. (I wouldn't apply without the film+towel, it is messy)

It oxidises over the next 24-48 hours and darkens.
Strand test to see the end result.

Roobub · 12/11/2018 07:38

So does henna work OK on previously coloured hair? I've never considered using henna before but the caca marron looks very tempting!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.