My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

All Saints leather jacket- which one for teen?

11 replies

LucheroTena · 03/11/2018 17:32

Would like to surprise DD for Christmas. She is size 6-8, 5ft 3, trendy. Would probably prefer unfussy, cropped style.

Which one is popular with teens? Would you buy size 8 or 6?

I’ll pop into shop to buy but just wondered which jackets are nicest.

OP posts:
MrsMariaPolouvicka · 03/11/2018 17:46

Are you sure she would like All Saints as a brand generally? What age do you mean by teen? 13-14yrs is very different to 17-18yrs old. Also, I live in a pretty affluent area with some well off kids, but I don't know any who own £300+ leather jackets, or any who think All Saints is a particularly cool shop. But I appreciate my world isn't everyone's..

All that aside, and you're sure she would love it, they are all so different and fit differently depending on body shape. The Balfern, Cargo, Bales, Papin and Conroy are their staple styles they do every year. The Balfern is pretty unfussy, and the Papin is slightly more cropped. Personally I'd try and get some guidance from her if you can.

ElspethFlashman · 03/11/2018 18:02

None. I think its an insanely expensive present for a teen. ASOS have a million cheaper leather jackets, the River Island one gets great reviews.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie · 03/11/2018 18:20

For a teen, I'd go for an Oasis one or maybe Topshop.

HumptyNumptyNooNoo · 03/11/2018 18:24

We give our teens £500 each to spend on what they like for Christmas. We usually go to the mall a week or two before - they choose - we pay - we wrap and they act surprised on Christmas Day ! It's a bit of an over acting competition, but gets funnier the harder they try !

LucheroTena · 03/11/2018 18:45

Thanks, she likes a few quality items to wear alongside fast fashion. She’s had a few health problems this year so I intend to spoil her a bit. It’ll be a Christmas present. I’ll pop in the shop and take a look.

OP posts:
MrsMariaPolouvicka · 03/11/2018 20:57

Cool, but don’t be fooled into thinking All Saints leather bikers aren’t part of fast fashion just because they cost more than one from Oasis. Biker jackets have definitely had their hay-day by a couple of years at least, and no one will be more fickle about trends than a fashion conscious teenager. I totally get your desire to spoil your DD, especially if she’s had a rough year but just make sure you’re viewing the treat through her eyes and not yours. If the £350 is not an issue she could have such a lot of cool stuff.

hendricksy · 03/11/2018 21:44

Buy it from John Lewis in-line , then you will have better return rights . FWIW I've sold two because they were just too long and big on me as I'm short . I'd go smaller rather than bigger because they stretch !

EnidButton · 04/11/2018 03:40

Biker jackets have definitely had their hay-day by a couple of years at least,

I really don't agree with this. They've been around so long that they're a classic staple. They're not fast fashion unless you're getting a certain currently popular colour rather than a black one or one with faux fur on it. They're a basic like jeans.

stopdropandroll · 04/11/2018 04:01

topshop have really nice real leather jackets for £160ish, so you’d have money left over to put towards something else. if there’s any chance your daughter is still growing, think about whether she’ll grow out of the jacket within a year or two!

Cheesybiscuits01 · 04/11/2018 04:47

I've got 2 and love mine. If you are going to buy one go smaller-size 4 they do stretch. Like other people have said she might prefer a cheaper one with more money for extras. Might be better to take her and make a day out of it, go for lunch and try a few on. Although if someone surprised ne with an all saints leather jacket I'd be delighted.

hendricksy · 04/11/2018 07:15

That is true about the Topshop one .. and it comes in petite if she is short . I was debating this one too .

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.