My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

No skincare routine

4 replies

Nacreous · 03/11/2018 10:32

I'm lucky enough to have reasonably good skin, and as such I currently have literally zero skincare routine. I am hoping you Style and Beauty members might be able to help me come up with a very very simple one, please?

Currently, I wash it with water in the shower, or soap if I'm physically grimy from gardening or DIY. I don't really have any beauty routines at all: I don't style my hair, I don't wear make up or do my nails. I do use vaseline to keep my lips from chapping.

I'd quite like to be someone who do any/all of those things, but realistically for a habit to stick I'm going to have to start Very Small. I guess I'm hoping for a single product that I could use to take better care of my skin. I don't get spots, or much dry skin usually but I've changed jobs recently so am now walking 3 miles a day so I'm anticipating damage over the winter. I do have reasonably visible pores on my chin, round my nose and in the bottom middle of my forehead, and those areas are slightly oily but I only get a spot very occasionally.

I was wondering about a moisturizer or possibly a tinted one, but honestly I have no idea what is around or what is good! Please could you help?

OP posts:
Headinthedrawer · 03/11/2018 12:34

A good simple cleanser is bioderma sensibo. No toner or anything -just need cotton wool.I use an okay moisturiser with factor 15 sun protection.Make up...go to a counter and get a foundation recommended.I like clinique.Quick dust of benefit her fans blushed as you can't go wrong with it and you'll instantly feel better.

Headinthedrawer · 03/11/2018 12:35

FFS!Olay and benefit Hervana!
Here's the cleanser www.bioderma.com/en/our-products/sensibio/h2o

Headinthedrawer · 03/11/2018 12:41

in fact my 12 year old has just started using this cleanser by Simple.I borrowed some last night and it is just as good as Biodermas and in fact left my skin softer:
www.superdrug.com/Simple/Simple-Micellar-Water-200ml/p/382500

Nacreous · 03/11/2018 15:29

Thanks Headinthe, I'll take a look!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.