My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Best products for senitive skin - Face

16 replies

myfatarse · 31/10/2018 15:24

I've alwasy been a bit hit and miss in a good skincare routine but as it's getting colder (and i'm getting dry skin) and i'm off to on holiday soon so will have access to duty free, i though i would indulge myself and get a few bits - Eye Cream, Face Cream, Tinted Moisturiser, Serum and a mascara.

So what are the best produicts for a 48 year old with senititive skin for these?

And by sensitive skin, i mean that my eyes react to these products as they seem to seep into my eyes and make them sting a little, go a little blurry and watery.

Thanks

OP posts:
KingIrving · 31/10/2018 18:04

I use Lancôme Nutrix on my son's face when he gets patches of dry skin. It is the only cream that doesn't sting or irritate him.

myfatarse · 31/10/2018 21:41

Any others

OP posts:
isadorable · 01/11/2018 01:30

I am your age and blessed with very sensitive skin and eyes and I love Decleor, Avene and la Roche Posay products.

trigger2 · 01/11/2018 10:36

I’m mid 40’s with sensitive rosacea skin & sensitive eyes. I have history of perioral dermatitis and eczema.
I like unscented products and like CeraVe, Avene, La Roche Posay.

I’ve tried products with essential oils and acids but they upset my skin :-/ I’ve had to stop harsh scrubs and hot cloth cleansing too.

trigger2 · 01/11/2018 10:38

Sorry meant to say my dermatologist doesn’t rate eye creams, was told just to use regular cream, and also no need for serums.
I do have an Olay eye cream which has a little bit of colour so I use a little of that for my dark circles.

zippyswife · 01/11/2018 10:41

Avene and plain old almond oil. Boots no 7 protect and perfect bb cream also works well for me.

thornyhousewife · 01/11/2018 17:15

I love the Muji skincare range for sensitive skin. I use a lightly moisturising toner, light lotion and sheet face masks. It suits my skin more than anything else I've tried and really good value too.

tierraJ · 01/11/2018 17:43

I like Simple cleansing lotion & Simple toner.

Then I apply Clinique Smart Repair serum followed by Boots no7 spf 15 Beautiful Skin cream - you would need the Normal to Dry one but I use Normal to Oily.

Racecardriver · 01/11/2018 17:46

I would strongly recommend Jurlique. All of their products are plant based and very good quality. I use their daily lotion which is good for sensitive skin but they have even milder formulations.

NeurotrashWarrior · 01/11/2018 18:17

I've been reading about Kalme products but not used them yet.

MustBeThin · 01/11/2018 18:28

I'm 29 and have rosacea/dry skin, best moisturiser I've used is Eucerin 5% urea replenishing face cream.

I recently spent a fortune on that new Estee Lauder eye cream that's in a jar, it's part of the ANR line, after a couple of weeks I ended up with crusty dry skin at the outer corner of my eye. Now I'm back to using the massive tub of Cerave cream as an eye cream 😂 I also use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser

NeurotrashWarrior · 02/11/2018 08:25

Tried the Eucerin night cream with urea last night and absolutely loved it. Skin much happier this morning. I actually think I could use it in the day too so may experiment with it or look at any they do with an spf.

NeurotrashWarrior · 02/11/2018 08:26

I used it round my eyes with no issues too.

Destinysdaughter · 02/11/2018 08:45

Agree with Eucerin and La Roche Posay, effective ranges that shouldn’t irritate your skin. I’ve also found Bodyshop Chamomile cleansing oil good.

Snog · 02/11/2018 23:29

Glossier.
Game changer.

Lndnmummy · 04/11/2018 13:21

I use Avene and Eucerin. Also neostrata that I absoloutely adore. Best non irritating male is bare minerals for me. The tinted moisturiser.i also use Mac and Clinique foundations.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.