My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Cleansing balm and serum recommendations

10 replies

sunshinegirl12 · 24/10/2018 12:15

Hello

Has anyone got any recommendations for cleansing balms and a nice serum? I don’t usually use either of these, just a bit of miscellar water, tone and moisturise.

We are undergoing fertility treatment so thinking maybe something without any harsh chemicals would be nice. I’d say my skin is combination with a few old acne scars, can also be quite sensitive, early 30’s.

Looking to spend about £20 for the cleanser and no more than £35ish for the serum. Thanks Smile

OP posts:
Fullfatlatte · 24/10/2018 13:57

You can’t go wrong with any of the cleansers from Clarins, I’ve used them all over the years, they do what they’re meant to do & leave your skin beautifully soft. I’ve just fallen in love the cleansing balm from Emma Hardie, got it in Marks & Spencer’s with 20% off (fairly expensive) but it’s fabulous & the smell is just divine, very spa like. I’ll be interested to see how it lasts. Clinique take the day off balm is very nice (have tried a sample) & lots of people on here highly recommend the Camomile cleansing balm from the BodyShop.

Serum wise - I love Vichy Mineral 89 but I’ve also tried the basic range serum in Superdrug (recommended by Sali Hughes & is extremely cheap at £2.99 or something like that, green & white pump). Not sure there is much difference between these tbh!

SuzeD29 · 24/10/2018 14:43

I love Emma Hardie cleansing balm too. I've run out so grabbed some Superdrug balancing facial oil for 2.99 and have been using that as a hot cloth cleanser instead with really good results so far

Worieddd · 24/10/2018 14:49

Love the Clinique take the day off balm but it is make up remover and I use a cleanser afterwards

WeeM · 24/10/2018 14:52

Body shop camomile butter with their luxury facial flannel. I always recommend it on these threads as I couldn’t live without it. My make up just melts off with no effort at all.

sammy891 · 24/10/2018 17:05

Superdrug Naturally Radiant range, they have a lovely cloth cleanser you can use in place of a balm and do a serum too.

1Wanda1 · 24/10/2018 17:15

I love the Merumaya cleansing balm. I used to use the Emma Hardie one but this one smells just as lovely, cleanses perfectly, and is cheaper.

ASMRtist · 24/10/2018 19:31

Serums- Lue Hyu;aronic or Grden of Wisdom Multi-peptide

Idontbelieveinthemoon · 24/10/2018 19:38

Elemis do a cleansing balm that's fabulous on my oddly sensitive skin. Liz Earle's hot cloth cleanser is lovely, too. I like La Roche Posay's Effaclar for when I'm having breakouts.

ESPA do a night serum in a purple bottle that is genuinely like a miracle for my skin, and leaves it plumped and brighter the next morning.

imarocketman50 · 24/10/2018 19:41

If you want something without chemicals etc try Tropic Skincare. I've been using it for 9 months and love it (No I don't sell it). Lots of options for serums based on skin type and skin issues.

sunshinegirl12 · 25/10/2018 09:12

Thanks everyone for your recommendations x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.