My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

YSL touché eclat

12 replies

IAmGrootGrootGroot · 22/10/2018 11:17

What are your thoughts on this product?

I think it's one of the most overrated things I've ever bought.
Unless I'm using it wrong?

It definitely can't be used as a concealer can it? It just look weird!
As a highlight it looks dull and pointless.

What exactly is it for??

I hate the amount of money I've wasted on make up I don't use 🙈

OP posts:
LuckyDiamond · 22/10/2018 11:19

Also wait a couple of weeks and it will smell off.

I persevered with them when they first came out but gave up in the end.

MsOliphant · 22/10/2018 11:19

I didn’t get the hype either.

I can only imagine it came out at a time where there weren’t really any other highlighters on the market. It was a bit of a 90s must have wasn’t it?

LuckyDiamond · 22/10/2018 11:23

It’s also very reflective in flash photos. I remember seeing paparazzi pics of celebs with tons of it under their eyes way back when.

George Michael (❤️) and Geri Halliwell were partial to it.

Bluntness100 · 22/10/2018 11:26

Yes I'm not a fan either.

The Georgio Armani precision concealer is much better.

www.armanibeauty.co.uk/makeup/face/concealer/high-precision-retouch/AP10301.html#start=1&cgid=F1_MAKE_UP_FACE_CONCEAL

Titsywoo · 22/10/2018 11:49

I can't use it as I get big scabby areas under my eyes when I do. Bit like eczema - apparently it happens to people quite a lot. Never had any other allergies or skin reactions!

Milomonster · 23/10/2018 10:48

Used it a few years ago and didn’t like it as I thought it was drying. Tried a few others in between and came back to it. I absolutely love it now. Seems less dry/cakey and looks fab in pics. I am in my 40s and have fine lines and I find it doesn’t sit in the lines.

IAmGrootGrootGroot · 23/10/2018 12:50

@Milomonster what do you use it as? Concealer? Highlight?

OP posts:
Cheesymonster · 23/10/2018 12:53

So do I Titsywoo

ThunderInMyHeart · 23/10/2018 12:54

I thought it was shit too.

It's for concealing...it's a reflector. So, if you want to disguise eye bags, put it on the area just below the eye bags.

Or just bin it, which is what I did.

spanishwife · 23/10/2018 12:58

It's not a concealer, no. It's not a highlighter either, it's a light reflector.

You add on top of matte foundation and concealer to add some light to the face. I put it down the centre of the face (between eyebrows, centre of nose, centre of chin, cupids bow) a dot under the eyes and in the inner corner of eyes (the sunken bit either side of the bridge of the nose) and along the top of the cheekbones.

It's a no-makeup look as an alternative to the glittery shimmery highlight trend. Just makes you look a bit healthy and glowy.

Milomonster · 23/10/2018 13:13

Agree with Spanish. It’s not a concealer. I have dark circles and have to make sure not to go too heavy as it makes them look grey. In pics, the light reflecting properties make me look as if I have no dark circles at all though - it’s quite fab. It definitely makes a difference to my make up but in a subtle and soft way. The key is to not to overdo it and to get the correct shade (they have 3 I think).

Twooter · 23/10/2018 13:16

I bought some about 15 years ago, and was made to have an appointment to teach me how to apply it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.