My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Double cleaning. Sooo confused

15 replies

wishiwasacollie · 07/10/2018 20:28

Help
In the evening if i use a balm cleanser to take make up off eg Eve Lom or ultrabrand lush what the heck is the second cleanse? Micellar water or is that the first cleanse or do I use non foam non bad stuff face wash
Yours much in embarrassment

OP posts:
dingdang · 07/10/2018 20:58

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be here soon but I use the cleanser first then a flannel rinsed with hot water and use that as my second stage cleanse. Then a serum and a moisturiser after. Hope that helps!

melonposies12 · 07/10/2018 21:10

Double cleansing is when you cleanse twice. So your normally start with a micellar water or balm to remove the surface layer eg make up.
Then you use something like a hot cloth cleanser after to cleanse your pores.

So the first time helps remove make up etc. The second cleanse helps with deeper impurities and helps unclog the pores.

DorothyBastard · 07/10/2018 21:13

I use a balm first (either Emma Hardie, Sunday Riley Blue Moon, or Body Shop Chamomile), followed by a milk/lotion (REN ultracalm milk or Dermalogica ultracalming)

Talisin · 07/10/2018 21:18

Double cleanse means exactly that. Most people use two different cleansers but you could use the same one twice if you wanted.

Judydreamsofhorses · 07/10/2018 21:25

I use micellar water to remove makeup, and then a proper cleanser. Depending on how my skin feels, I switch between an oil (Chanel), a balm (Emma Hardie) or Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip. I remove the cleanser with a hot flannel. Then serum/oil/moisturiser.

Miniwookie · 07/10/2018 22:37

I use ultrabland taken off with a hot flannel, followed by Simple cleansing face wash.

wishiwasacollie · 08/10/2018 07:56

Thank you all. Much clearer now

OP posts:
BookMeOnTheSudExpress · 08/10/2018 08:18

I just use 2 of whatever I've got. (a selection of balms, creams, oils- wouldn't use micellar water) I tend to use balms in summer for the melt-ability, and creams and oils in winter. Often I use 2 creams for example.

GeeLondon · 08/10/2018 13:59

I used to do this but my derm doesn't recommend double cleansing :(

I'd recommend watching Dr Sam Bunting on Youtube.

GeeLondon · 08/10/2018 13:59
  • my skin is weirdly so much better since stopping
BusterGonad · 08/10/2018 14:21

I think double cleansing is too striping imo. My skin would be shit and dry and spotty.

Magyar37 · 08/10/2018 15:28

I use a micellar water to remove make up, then Lush Ultrabland as second cleanse. My skin's really dry so I like doing the ultrabland second, as it leaves an oily film behind (sounds gross but my skin likes it.) I don't use nightcream as the ultrabland is moisturising enough

GeeLondon · 08/10/2018 15:42

Can’t use ultra bland sadly contains oils and botanicals which aren’t recommend for my skin :(

I use LRP Toleriane cleanser and just started trialing dr Sams own cleanser she’s just released which is nice and good inci for people using tret too

AuntyJackiesBrothersSistersBoy · 08/10/2018 20:23

I use Sukin cleanser which is a cream. Very gentle and non drying. I use a soft face cloth to remove. I then use the same cleanser with my Foreo Luna for a proper (but gentle) cleanse.

Mymythishereanakinguy · 08/10/2018 22:52

Its based on the theory that your skin needs cleansing of oil based dirt and water based. So one cleanse for make up and another for clean skin. Personally it makes me dry and spotty but some people swear by it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.