My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Help - lines and wrinkles

20 replies

DextroDependant · 24/08/2018 18:30

I have started to really notice lines appearing on my face. Short of BOTOX what can I do to get rid of them please tell me your magic potions or regimes.

Help - lines and wrinkles
OP posts:
Sugarpiehoneyeye · 24/08/2018 20:38

Are you kidding ?
You are stunning, beautiful eyes !
Hyaluronic acid, Retinol, Vitamin E, all seem very popular.

DextroDependant · 24/08/2018 21:55

Thanks I am wearing a lot of make up (but can still see them)

Do you know what those things do or what each one claims? It's too overwhelming knowing where to start.

OP posts:
MintyT · 24/08/2018 22:00

Hydrate and moisturise - you have nothing to worry about everyone ages. If you hadn't of pointed those out no one would have noticed. I looked though nice makeup then enlarged to see "wrinkles" your fine really you are

Happymedicatedmama · 24/08/2018 22:04
DextroDependant · 24/08/2018 22:06

Thanks you are all very kind..once I have spotted them it's all I can see now.

I will get some retinol. Is there a difference in brands?

OP posts:
hoppipopla · 24/08/2018 22:09

Under eye like that tends to be hydration related, drink lots, sleep slightly propped up and on your side and invest (time and effort) in a decent cleanse, tone and moisturise regime. Try not to rub your eyes as it causes skin laxity which is difficult to fix.
Php/ vampire facials, microneedling and some laser treatments can help but you're no way near ready for that yet.
Sleep, good skin care and drinking plenty will serve you well

hoppipopla · 24/08/2018 22:09

*slightly propped up and NOT on your side

DextroDependant · 24/08/2018 22:15

Those are all things I can try. I don't drink much unless I am in the office and I sleep face down so will give them a go and see what happens.

OP posts:
Delatron · 24/08/2018 22:18

Botox wouldn’t help the under eye area anyway.
Hydration is the most important thing at your age (you look young). SPF, sunglasses and retinol.

DextroDependant · 24/08/2018 22:39

Oh that's BOTOX off the list then. I am clueless.
I am 32 and never really thought about aging but it seems to be happening over night.

SpF is another on the list of things I know I should do but don't.

So water - lots of
Good skin care regime
SPF
Sleep on a pillow
Retinol

Can anyone recommend a moisturiser for oily skin? I tend to slip moisturiser because O am greasy enough!

OP posts:
Sugarpiehoneyeye · 24/08/2018 22:58

OP, be careful with Retinol. If you use it, it's best put on over night, and not in direct sunlight. Use a SPF 30, or more.
Try the hydration route first.

DextroDependant · 24/08/2018 23:00

What does retinol actually do?

I am going to hydrate like a camel at an oasis and see of they helps.

OP posts:
Delatron · 24/08/2018 23:16

Yes. I have only just started to use retinol (40s). It may be better started mid 30s when more lines and wrinkles appear. It’s vitamin A and it’s the only cosmetic thing that has been scientifically proven to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It does make the skin more
sensitive to the sun though. The other thing? SPF, every day. Sun damage is the main cause of ageing so I would argue that’s the best thing you can do for your skin at your age.

DextroDependant · 24/08/2018 23:20

Thanks I will take that on-board. I used to use sunbeds when I was younger and have always been a lizard queen lay out in the sun. It's only as I am getting older that I actually think about how stupid I was.

OP posts:
Sugarpiehoneyeye · 25/08/2018 09:36

Sunscreen your neck and chest area too, plus the back of your hands.
The things we have to do, to try and preserve ourselves ! 😄
You have a peach of a face, don't spoil it.

DextroDependant · 25/08/2018 09:50

Women we day sunscreen are we talking full on Sun lotion? That's quite greasy to be wearing everyday?

Thanks a peach of a face 😂

OP posts:
mosessupposes · 25/08/2018 10:12

Not full sun lotion, at least not all year, just a day cream with an spf.

DextroDependant · 25/08/2018 11:00

Sorry I am clueless here but is day cream and moisturizer the same thing? So does it go under your primer?

OP posts:
Sugarpiehoneyeye · 25/08/2018 15:29

SPF 30 day moisturiser, should be fine. There is also night time moisturiser, if you like.
Sun lotion is different.
Moisturiser goes on first !

DextroDependant · 25/08/2018 18:34

Thanks. I am clueless. Just ordered a two step retinol night cream thing from Avon.

Will look for an SPF for my fave, my primer and foundation both have spf but I don't wear them every day.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.