My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Shopping trolleys - naff or good idea to carry kids stuff about on days out when you no longer have a buggy ?

33 replies

CaptainUnderpants · 25/04/2007 19:09

I am now buggyless . It was very usefu for loading up when on days out with two children ( eg Legoland etc ) for food, coats ,drinks etc etc.
I dont fancy humping round a big bag or rucksack so was thinking of getting a shopping trolley to carry everything in.
Good idea or naff ?
Have seen some really quite nice funky ones on web but they are very pricey. Any thoughts ??

OP posts:
Caligula · 25/04/2007 21:05

They are practical, sensible and a perfect shopping solution.

I will buy one when I have stopped dying my hair and having periods.

FrannyandZooey · 25/04/2007 21:08

I am a total fantasist, but I do feel quite swanky with mine

makes life sooo much easier

(both being a huge fantasist, and having a shopping trolley)

paulaplumpbottom · 25/04/2007 21:09

I wouldn't think it starnge, go for it

Housemum · 25/04/2007 21:12

I just couldn't do it - I'm willing to risk the back/shoulder strain - my Mum uses a trolley as she hasn't got a car - she's allowed to, she's in her 60's (though she does still dye her hair...)

Perhaps they would catch on if they said "I'm not a jute shopping bag" on the front??!!

booge · 25/04/2007 21:20

I had one when I lived on an island where I had to walk along way home with my shopping from the boat, people laughed but I had the last laugh when I was trotting home with my lovely trolley behind me packed to the gunwales with goodies.

CaptainUnderpants · 25/04/2007 21:23

I think I will get one ( not an expensive one )

I dont care if I get funny looks , I dont want to have a big rucksack on my back when trawling around with the children ona day out.

I may even get one with a seat built in what do you think ?

then I will have nothing to carry and I can sit down when I want - whilst you are all ladden down with rucksacks , coats and your back and feet are killing you

This is for days out with the kids , not for everyday use , I have a bike and panners for that

OP posts:
CaptainUnderpants · 27/04/2007 17:11

Right , I got one !

I was in M & S today and they were selling fold away shopping trollies in their food hall , £8.49, so I bought one.

Just right for a day out with the children ,

so whats more embarassing - a shopping trolley or one with M & S all over it.

OP posts:
RosaLuxembourg · 27/04/2007 23:02

I have a Habitat one, it doesn't have a frame, just fold up wheels underneath so it folds down into a bag. I find it dead handy and the children are not old enough to be embarrassed by me so it is all good.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.