My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Come here and give me your opinion.

10 replies

flutterbee · 25/07/2006 20:48

OK I make no secret of the fact that I am a larger, OK fat lady, but I have at the moment a diet and excersize plan to hopefully make me drop at least 4 dress sizes by Christmas (I am that big this should be doable).

Now the reason I am posting in style is because I was out shopping with my Mum today and we saw a beautiful Mac in the Marks and Sparks sale, the problem is that the largest size left is still yes you guessed it 4 sizes too small. It really is very very nice and I loved it straight away my Mum tried to talk me into getting it but something just stopped me doing it.

Please tell me next time I am in town shall I get it and shrink into it or should I just forget it and go shopping when I am smaller.

Come on all opinions are wanted.

They also had the most gorgeous pair of green shoes that I am tempted to get in a size smaller. I'm going to see if I can find pics for you.

OP posts:
MaloryTowers · 25/07/2006 20:50

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flutterbee · 25/07/2006 20:58

Cant find pics of either of them on their wesite at all

Do you really think I shouldn't get it then, thats what the little voice kept saying in my head, they always say you should trust your first instinct.

OP posts:
flutterbee · 25/07/2006 20:59

Oh sorry I am determined about the weight and I am thinking about weight watchers the last time I had a big fitness drive (about 6 years ago) I went and ended up loosing about 5 and a half stone. Shame its all back on now though, congratulate your friend for me.

OP posts:
Feistybird · 25/07/2006 21:02

Flutterbee - it's in the sale, yes?
Would it be an incentive to you or a constant reminder that you'd not done as well as you wanted to?

I think it depends on what it means to you, if you were to buy it.

jollyfolly · 25/07/2006 21:07

if you bought it and did not fit into it by christmas you could always give it to your mum as a present!... good luck with the weight loss

flutterbee · 25/07/2006 21:07

Yes its in the sale and that is the main reason why I was pondering over it.

I wasn't really thinking of it as an incentive as looking good and being healthy for bringing up ds is a huge incentive and then on the other side no it wouldn't make me feel bad if I didn't reach that goal.

Its just in the sale and soooooooo nice and pretty.

Bugger.

OP posts:
flutterbee · 25/07/2006 21:08

jollyfolly -- it would still be far too big for my Mum she is a skiny milinky, damn her.

OP posts:
SSSandy · 25/07/2006 21:10

Don't get smaller shoes

Spend the money on highlights or new make-up, something that will make you look better now. When you're 4 sizes smaller , you'll be breaking the bank anyway buying everything in sight

flutterbee · 25/07/2006 21:14

I do need a hair cut asap, yes you are all right.

The reason I was going to get shoes a size smaller is because when you get to the size I am your feet are even fat and you generally need to go up a size, shocking and sad I know.

OP posts:
jollyfolly · 25/07/2006 21:15

agree with sssandy.... get your self something to make you feel good now.... there will be the january sales to think about by christmas!....

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.