My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

In praise of M&S!

2 replies

Dragonwoman · 13/05/2012 16:09

I went in search of some black trousers yesterday. They are for work, not all office based & need to be reasonable quality, not too cheap looking, not easily creased and washable.
Not too difficult I thought - but in town I couln't find much at all. Stuff was linen (too creasy) or very skimpy filmsy fabric or too tight fitting in jersey - more like leggings. In shops like French Connection or Hobbs there were nice trousers, but I'm not paying £60 - £150 for trousers for work and not dry cleaning them either.
In the end I went to M&S, I have been a bit put off by Per Una & granny stuff in there in the past, but they had a good selection of suitable trousers in 3 leg lengths and they feel good quality. I bought these

www.marksandspencer.com/Flat-Front-Side-Slim-Trousers/dp/B000KS57UK?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_2&nodeId=53599031&sr=1-2&qid=1336920829&pf_rd_r=0KARS96HF2JGVXH75H2D&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=43097030&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

They are a nice slim fit, the side zip makes your tummy look flatter and I really wonder what the rest of the high street thinks we do for work clothes.

OP posts:
lumbago · 13/05/2012 16:18
Dragonwoman · 13/05/2012 16:22

Yeah most of the high street was full of either floaty summer stuff or things suitable for a nightclub. Next work-type trousers felt very cheap. There is a distinct lack of good quality basics.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.