My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Body shop consultant

3 replies

alsow · 08/05/2012 08:53

Hi, I am interested in becoming one, hope this isn't in the wrong place, once you have purchased your kit, and it runs out, do you have to buy another one, or do they give you one, how does it work? Thanks.

OP posts:
dingdong3 · 08/05/2012 11:34

Don't know about Body Shop, but I'm a Neal's Yard consultant and when your kit runs out/goes out of date, you replace it yourself. But you end up picking up bits and pieces for yourself all the time (i.e. spending your commission!) so 2 years on, I still have a 'kit' but it is very different to what i received when I joined. I never make any money from it as I buy for myself the whole time but in that way, I've not really paid for any skincare for myself now for ages. You need to recruit to make money and I just didn't want to go down that route. Good luck with it - there's a self employed thread somewhere on MN where you'll probably find other Body Shop consultants. Do a search on Talk also - there are bound to be other discussions - I'm sure I've seen a few in the past. :)

alsow · 08/05/2012 11:42

Thanks ding i will check it out, looks like it might not be the route to go down.

OP posts:
dingdong3 · 08/05/2012 11:51

They are a great social outlet and the training is good. It's not a bad thing to have on your CV - you can sell it as having your own business etc. But in terms of making money, you'll cover the cost of your kit no problem but unless you recruit 10+ active consultants, you won't make an income from it. However, if you work really hard at it and are a pushy(in a nice way)/salesy kind of person, you could do really well. :) I know plenty of NYard girls who are doing really well - but work their behinds off and are super amazing sales people...ice to the eskimo stuff

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.