My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Dresses for hourglass figure

6 replies

deburca · 02/05/2012 19:55

Can any of you wise ladies out there point me in the direction of a dress for a wedding I have to attend. Im hourglass, admitedly with a bit of a tummy at the minute (which will go soon with constant dieting! ahem!!).

Im 5ft 6, probably about a size 12-14. The wedding is in July and I really want to have something nice to wear. I look at the gorgeous kim kardashian and think her clothes are fab if a little ott for a wedding but you get the general jist of what im after. Any advice?

x

Deb

OP posts:
minipie · 02/05/2012 21:05

Sounds like you want Karen Millen. Cut for hourglasses (warning: they come up small) and Kardashian like.

Reiss is also worth a look for their fit and flare or fitted dresses. (ignore the tunicky style ones).

So Couture is also worth a look - slightly retro feeling, v glam dresses, especially the Bombshell dress. Perfect for hourglass.

Dollydowser · 02/05/2012 21:17

Pepperberry

deburca · 03/05/2012 18:07

thanks so much ladies, minipie think im going to ge the red palm springs dress from so couture, thanks so much for that, what you all think?

www.theprettydresscompany.com/acatalog/view-all-dresses-so-couture-red-palm-springs-bustier-pencil-dress.html
sorry not sure if the above linky thing will work

x
deb

OP posts:
minipie · 03/05/2012 18:19

Ooh I like it (though I'd need serious Spanx to wear with it!)

DonInKillerHeels · 03/05/2012 18:25

NOT Karen Millen (boak).

L K Bennett or any Italian designer for my money.

HazleNutt · 03/05/2012 20:08

LK Bennett Davina will look gorgeous on you.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.