My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Simple, jersey, short sleeve, knee length dresses. Maybe wrap. Where?

19 replies

minxthemanx · 01/05/2012 09:38

Why can I NEVER find dresses to suit my figure? Big boobs, waist ok but muffin top belly - I know what I want, but can never find them! Anyone seen any knee length, jersey ish (not figure hugging) short sleeved dresses? Wrap style would be fine.

OP posts:
cardoon · 01/05/2012 11:58

Boden?

brighthair · 01/05/2012 12:06

I have 2 which I bought recently from sainsburys which might be what you are looking for. Photo below if it helps, I am 5'11 so above knee on me
instagr.am/p/JxlFuMtdzV/
And it's the 2 dresses on the left
instagr.am/p/KFOzDLtdxU/

minxthemanx · 01/05/2012 13:06

thanks, i'll have a look.

OP posts:
SarkyWench · 01/05/2012 13:09

I share your pain.

It is the 'knee length' bit that causes problems. Most of the contenders are just too damn short.

SkinnyMalinkiLongLegs · 01/05/2012 13:28

DPs do something that might suit you. I can't link sorry Blush

I am 5.7 and they are knee lengh on me and very flattering. They have a kind of false wrap effect and come in loads of different colours, Cheap as well.

I've got it in Lilac, Red, and Navy and Cream stripe.

ThePleaser · 01/05/2012 13:56

Phase Eight?
East
Laura Ashley
Fenn Wright & Manson

Fenn Wright Manson have a load of lovely wrap style dresses on sale at the moment. I love their cut. They are so sexy.

chocolateteabag · 01/05/2012 17:20

Boden this or this
are in stock now.

I have this double knot dress in two colours from AW11 - hoefully they will repeat again this year as the pleating at the front hides my pot belly nicely

No idea if this tesco dress is nice but it's £20 ?

Mombojombo · 01/05/2012 19:14

Second vote for the Sainsbury's ones. I've got a sage green one, with wee shoulder pads, and a bluey, corally, greeny pattern one. They are cheap as chips (some in the sale for £9) and very comfy, but with the right accessories can look rather dressy.

AmberNectarine · 01/05/2012 20:18

White Company?

ggirl · 01/05/2012 20:22

i have ordered from this etsy seller , only ordered yesterday so can't feedback yet
great reviews though !
here

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie · 01/05/2012 20:24

Deffo try The White Company, if you just want black, navy or grey - no good if you want bright pink or acid green or something!

BellaOfTheBalls · 01/05/2012 20:27

I have a problem a complete love of wrap dresses. H & M do some great ones. Also if you're bigger boobed try Bravissimo for the best fitting dress you'll ever have. They arent cheap though. There's also a lovely one in M&S at the minute & I've just bought a Mantaray one from Debenhams that is really pretty.

minxthemanx · 01/05/2012 20:59

Thanks ladies, the Dorothy P ones look good, and I haven;t even checked out your other suggestions. Many thanks - surely amongst that lot I'll find a dress that's relatively flattering!

OP posts:
DingbatsFur · 04/05/2012 21:33

The Gap! Saw some there yesterday.

webwiz · 04/05/2012 21:54

I bought this today - its very flattering and a bargain as well.

www.fatface.com/skirts-and-dresses/ingrid-twist-spot-floral-dress/invt/35587/?colour=Navy

SummerLightning · 04/05/2012 22:00

I would second fenn wright manson and white company
Have you tried wallis?

BikeRunSki · 04/05/2012 22:03

Land's End

Land's End again

Got a 3/4 length sleeve version last winter and it is fantastic quality.

suzikettles · 04/05/2012 22:15

Pepperberry (formerly Bravissimo) do sometimes have nice jersey dresses. I like this one.

Unfortunately once you've weeded out all the hideous prints there's precious little to choose from usually. I don't know what they've got against plain, nicely cut basics - when Bravissimo first started doing clothes they were much better.

However, if you do find something you like, it will have a great fit on the larger of nork. I can never get White Stuff tops or most wraps to fit properly.

BikeRunSki · 07/05/2012 19:41

On phone so can't link, but just discovered that Kettlewell Colours do jersey dresses! I have had a few of their tops and the quality of the jersey is good.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.