My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Any ideas for an easy to maintain/style haircut.

3 replies

mythical · 07/04/2012 15:49

I haven't had my hair cut at a salon for years, i usually maintain it myself, it's fairly long - past my shoulders, bit layered, very overgrown fringe (not a very good picture but i have got one on my profile)
at the moment it just ends up tied back in a bun 90% of the time and i'm a bit tired of it! I just need something that looks okay if i don't put a lot of effort in it but i could make it look nice if, say, i'm going out.. at the moment no matter what i do really it's still the same! (am i asking for the impossible?)
I just have no clue about what i should ask! any suggestions/ideas/links/pictures very welcome.
Few details if you need them - hair is quite a dark brown at the moment- not very thick and quite flat most of the times. Tends to get greasy IF i don't use any products (less since pregnancy which i found a bit odd!)

OP posts:
lynlynnicebutdim · 07/04/2012 19:29

Look up photos of Lisa Rinna. ignore the hideous trout pout and look at her hair.

Until Tuesday I had hair a similar length to you, very thick and prone to frizz ball status at the first hint if moisture. I stormed into the hairdressers on Tuesday and demanded they cut it of as I had had enough. This was the style I had in mind and it has worked beautifully. Takes me 5 minutes to style and looks lovely. Before it would take upwards of 20 min and the use if hairdryers and straighteners etc.

Eliza22 · 07/04/2012 20:24

I LOVE Lisa Rinnas's hair! Mine's fine but sooooo thick. My hairdresser said it would be a push and a lot of hard work. He suggested Lisa Maxwell. I love it!

mythical · 07/04/2012 21:20

ohh i'm not sure if i'm brave enough to go that short!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.