My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Finally started wearing makeup.. BUT

6 replies

MedusaIsHavingABadHairDay · 13/03/2012 23:40

I now have spots! I'm 44 FFS and this year decided it was time I tried to smarten up a bit (I have never worn makeup.. I mean NEVER). My job is a once which does not demand groomed looks ..more the ability to sprint and defend myself from danger... but I'd like to look better.

So I have started to wear foundation.. eye shadow, mascara.. and now have the skin of a teenager:( What am I doing wrong?!! I cleanse and moisturise every day, but I am getting spots!

I have always had sensitive skin so maybe that is the problem. Can anyone recommend makeup that won't render me looking like a pizza ? :/

OP posts:
jocesar · 14/03/2012 02:19

Sorry, no makeup advice but very intrigued as to what your job may be. Do tell!

iscream · 14/03/2012 04:32

It could be the brand of moisturiser or foundation that you are using.
Do you use a facecloth or exfoliating wash? I find I need to do this when I do wear make-up. I like Clinique make-up & skin care products.
Perhaps a foundation like Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15 would be a good choice?

iscream · 14/03/2012 04:38

I haven't tried this tinted moisture surge, but the non tinted one doesn't break me out. It looks good, I think I will get it for myself. www.clinique.co.uk/product/1599/15635/Makeup/Foundations/Moisture-Surge-Tinted-Moisturizer-SPF-15/index.tmpl

QuinnFabray · 14/03/2012 07:04

A few moisturisers and foundations break me out, but lots don't. It's just hit and miss for me. It could just be your skin adjusting, and might settle down. Also, make sure you double cleanser, and perhaps tone too. Cleanse to take the make up off, then cleanse again, and then a toner will really make sure your skin is squeaky clean.

Gasbluewithlavenderbeads · 14/03/2012 07:08

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MedusaIsHavingABadHairDay · 14/03/2012 07:44

LOL I'm sorry it's no where near that exciting.. I work in a special school for children who have severe autism, learning difficulties and challenging behaviour! Some can run (and escape) like the wind, and others are bigger than me and pack a punch! I love it but as you can imagine it's not the place for style and elegance Grin

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.