My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Boden Clearance Sale Olympia W14

17 replies

SootySweepandSue · 05/03/2012 09:28

Just got a flyer for this through my door. Anyone been to one of these before? Are they worth it ? What are prices like and how many seasons ago is the stuff (is it winter or last years unsold summer stock?). Also, do you have to go early? Is it worth going on the 1st day?

Thinking more for Mini than Mummy.

Trying to weigh up the stresses Vs potential bargains..

OP posts:
mirpuppet · 05/03/2012 09:41

I went once on a Saturday so it was not the first day. I thought the prices were fair to middling for example all cardigan & dresses 30 GBP which is great for some cardis & dresses; other you can buy in the Boden sale for that much. Same with shoes all 30 GBP but I liked a pair of sandals and it seemed expensive for what it was. Nice to be able to try everything on though. I'm making up the pricelist but it was something in that vicinity. Jackets -- 50 ish?

I went with a mini and purchased nothing for him as I think everything was sold out or I didn't want to deal with digging.

There was a sample area where the savvy shoppers were going through; once again I had no patience. I tried on a ton of jackets but didn't purchase one.

Overall, I am planning on going again, but will probably on purchase a couple of items for myself as last time only 2 of the items I purchased became workhorses. The other three are nice but don't get much wear. My fault not Boden.

mirpuppet · 05/03/2012 09:42

Have no idea why some of my post if crossed out -- it i snot meant to be :)

SootySweepandSue · 05/03/2012 09:49

Sounds like it is grab and run...I think I may well turn up first thing on Friday with a large ikea bag. Just wondering whether to buggy it or go for reins. Afraid someone may try to buy my toddler if she's running free wearing Boden :)

OP posts:
AmberNectarine · 05/03/2012 11:34

Going with a toddler v brave, they are proper scrums. I was a bit shell shocked when I went to one late last year! Did quite well for DS, not so well for DD as all the baby stuff went quickly. Watch out though, when I went some stuff was on sale on the clearance part of the website for less. They will price match if you point this out.

WillPenn · 05/03/2012 11:40

These things are indeed a scrum. I would not take a small child, as you will have to queue for a very long time to pay at which point said child's patience will be wearing very thin. I've been to a couple in Edinburgh and always arrive 30mins before the sale starts on the first day. Plan out what stuff you want most and head to that section first - I have got some great bargains for my kids both times.

SootySweepandSue · 05/03/2012 12:14

Oh crap. Now I either go on Saturday without DD or be entirely stupid and take her on Friday. I don't want her lost in a scrum. Were there no buggies? You'd think Boden would magic up some child entertainment aka puppies and a mini horse to keep the kids occupied.Grin

OP posts:
littleducks · 05/03/2012 12:19

When is it?

SootySweepandSue · 05/03/2012 12:23

This Friday 10-6pm and Saturday 10-4pm.

OP posts:
littleducks · 05/03/2012 12:42

Thanks!

mirpuppet · 05/03/2012 12:56

Is it this Fri & Sat or is it the 16th & 17th?

heliumballoon · 05/03/2012 13:05

These sales are a total scrum, full of grabbing and crowds and queues and people taking it incredibly seriously (e bay sellers?). FGS do not take a toddler, that would be hellish for both of you.

WillPenn · 05/03/2012 13:13

People did have toddlers in buggies when I went. You might have difficulty manoevering it around but then if could be a useful weapon/shopping basket too!

SootySweepandSue · 05/03/2012 13:27

16th and 17th. Thought it was this week! Think I'm busy on that Friday so I may have to do the Saturday so that will keep my DD out of harms way.

Maybe it is full of ebayers. There are a few sellers that seem to be a bit like wholesalers but I thought Boden only did direct and I did wonder...

OP posts:
StrawberrytallCAKE · 05/03/2012 13:56

Best value stuff is the kids and then the adults pull on pj's. I spent £250 and wasted about £150 of what I bought. Be wary!

SootySweepandSue · 05/03/2012 14:36

Yes you do have to ask why it is clearance! Kids doesn't matter as much though. I'm wondering if it's a lot of returns, but still I'm aiming for DD dresses, cardis and tights if they have them.

OP posts:
giramondo · 14/03/2012 15:59

Where is it exactly?

mirpuppet · 16/03/2012 16:22

I went today, early it was a madhouse -- long line to get in, long lines at tills. Calmed down by the afternoon.

I concentrated on the "faulty" items. Most of them the faults were described on the tags and were almost non-existent -- others did have big faults likes holes.

Children faulty items were 6 pounds
Women's faulty items were 8 pounds

Although I arrived at 10:10 very slim picking for 5-6 and 7-8 year old boys clothes. I eventually got 1 zipped hoodie, 2 applique tee shirts, 2 graphic tees and 1 trousers.

Prices for non faulty boys tees were 8 pounds; trousers 9.

For myself -- 1 dress, 2 cardigans, 1 tunic and 2 necklaces.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.