My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

which colour gilet/bodywarmer is more neutral?

15 replies

KWL51 · 01/03/2012 12:23

Yes for the pedants, I know that my title isn't gramatically correct, but I have brain freeze this morning.

ds1 who is 14 this morning furnished me with some of his lovely english pounds that he has been saving up for this gilet/bodywarmer but told me to choose the colour as he can't decide which colour goes with everything?

As a typical teen, he seems to live in chinos, either the sandy coloured ones or a dark red/burgandy colour, with various shades of blue or grey hoodie. I think the navy but am wavering, need to order it for him before i spend any of his cash Blush

thanks

OP posts:
GinPalace · 01/03/2012 12:25

It only seems to come in navy?... navy or brown for colours you mention

piratecat · 01/03/2012 12:26

it comes in navy or black on those pics, but they look so similar.

i think he should choose personally!

PurpleWithaBlueBun · 01/03/2012 13:01

Navy. Surprised he hasn't chosen though and nice he obviously trusts you! Can always return if it isn't right.

KWL51 · 01/03/2012 13:06

navy or black are the only avaliable colours. Its because they are so similar that I am having trouble choosing for him. If he had his own way he'd have both and a few more besides, he still thinks money grows on trees, hence me making him save his own money for this, as he has a perfectly good gilet but its not the right make. :( should probably be a Biscuit and ignore him :o

OP posts:
PurpleWithaBlueBun · 01/03/2012 13:17

My sister thought you could go to the cash machine and just get more money until she was about 17 and got a job! Wink I would go for navy given the colours you have described. Has he really managed to save all that money up at 14? Shock

TheOriginalNutcracker · 01/03/2012 13:19

Navy

KWL51 · 01/03/2012 13:32

He has a part time job, washing vans for my dad on a sunday morning, so he has more disposable income than I do! He's just doing a referee course as well, so will earn £20 a game on a saturday afternoon and sunday morning, usually 4 games minimum. Might start charging rent Wink

OP posts:
MadAboutHotChoc · 01/03/2012 13:33

Navy

KWL51 · 01/03/2012 13:39

Navy it is then, thanks.

OP posts:
PurpleWithaBlueBun · 01/03/2012 14:43

Blimey! Not bad for 14! I would put most of it in savings for him but I am mean. Saying that being able to buy car/uni with money he has previously earnt would be pretty special at 18 or whatever. :)

KWL51 · 01/03/2012 20:45

He's lucky as his nan has saved money each month for each of the grandchildren. He does add to it and puts half his birthday and Christmas money in the bank.
When he's refereeing I will make him save a % of it each week.

OP posts:
KWL51 · 01/03/2012 20:47

He doesn't know how much money he has in savings as he'd want to keep more money out of the bank. Being a typical teen he doesn't really think to the future.
Now if only I could get him to focus on revision as well as he does short term saving!

OP posts:
realasitgets · 01/03/2012 20:50

WHen did these things come back? They're hideous.

KWL51 · 01/03/2012 21:37

Realasitgets- I have to agree. Shame 3/4 of the spectators at ds rugby on a Sunday don't agree though and wear them. I'm not a sheep like my son though.

OP posts:
PurpleWithaBlueBun · 02/03/2012 19:07

Very lucky boy! I was a gilet sceptic until I had one! I live in the sticks though where it is practical and is not noticed in this style vacuum :)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.