Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Free Clinique products with tomorrows edition of Cosmopolitan!

73 replies

warmandwooly · 29/02/2012 14:44

Saw this on Money Saving Expert site. From tomorrow with the March issue of Cosmo you can get superbalm, moisture surge, mascara or the seven day scrub-promo size.
Not as much choice as glamour last year but def plan on getting it for the moisture surge and superbalm!

OP posts:
Please
or

EllenParsons · 01/03/2012 20:20

I traipsed all around my town today and everywhere just had only 1 product in the magazines (mascara or lipgloss) - v annoying. I really want the Moisture Surge as it is one of my favourite products ever and the smaller sized tubes are so handy.

As for free samples from the counter... surely you can't just march up and get a load of freebies without buying anything :S

Please
or

EllenParsons · 01/03/2012 20:21

Btw I tried the following:

Boots, WH Smiths, M&S, Magazine World, Spar, couple of local newsagents... all 1 product only. I think it must be a regional issue?!

Please
or

DillyTante · 01/03/2012 22:28

Thanks all for the tips. Grabbed a copy of glamour and Marie Claire at sainsbo's this evening :£

Please
or

valiumredhead · 02/03/2012 08:11

I just go and --demand- ask for samples and free gifts. My best free gift was Estee Lauder mascara and eyelash curlers!

Please
or

McPhee · 02/03/2012 08:17

I have Cosmo delivered and not once have I ever received the free gift as well Angry It sucks!

Please
or

ameliagrey · 02/03/2012 11:06

Smiths have 2 items per copy- either scrub and mascara or scrub and lipgloss. No Moisture Surge but may have all gone- I am SE.

Please
or

ameliagrey · 02/03/2012 11:08

As a long time user of Clinique I have never found they offer free samples unless it's a new product- have often asked for sample sizes. They are also a bit iffy about foundation samples unless you have your own pot to take some away in.

Clarins are the people for freebies, and Bobbi Brown gave me a lipgloss- no colour- and mascara when I spent almost £100, but online they had other freebsies but not available in stores.

Please
or

M1ssBerta · 02/03/2012 11:16

Clarins always used to be the best for samples, Clinique less so, even if you're buying stuff, guess there are cuts everywhere. I only got one gift, mascara in my Cosmo.

Please
or

EllenParsons · 02/03/2012 11:27

I agree Clarins are always very generous. Clinique do so many Bonus Time promotions that you can get a fair few sample sizes from them throughout the year so they don't seem to just give them away otherwise IME. Maybe I should demand some though like Valium Grin

It seems like those in the south are finding the mags with 2 more easily than people in the north! I will have to ask someone to pick up cosmo for me down there.

Please
or

valiumredhead · 02/03/2012 11:40

Debenhams are the best for samples from counters ime.

Please
or

M1ssBerta · 02/03/2012 12:02

My top tongue in cheek tip. Send your DH to buy your make up, they charm the sales girl and come back with a load of freebies, it works for me!!

Please
or

BornToFolk · 02/03/2012 12:13

I bought a large size copy of Cosmo from Smiths yesterday and only got one Superbalm. Mightcheck out Sainsbos later and see if I can score two freebies! I love the Superbalm. Really hated Cosmo though.

Please
or

ameliagrey · 02/03/2012 12:45

Clinique usually have give aways on their website if you order online. you have to be canny though and try to avoid paying P&P. if you sign up with them you will get details of all the offers and free samples.

Please
or

coffeeinbed · 02/03/2012 14:08

My Smiths had two per copy - I got Moisture Surge and a mascara.
Sitting down to read Cosmo now, first time in years... still same rubbish, I suppose.

Please
or

elliemay80 · 02/03/2012 15:16

I'm in London and all copies of Cosmo had 2 samples- either Superbalm and Moisture Surge or 7 Day Scrub and mascara. Ideally I wanted Moisture Surge and mascara but seems I should be thankful to have 2 samples!

Also got Marie Claire with the free Neal's Yard Wild Rose moisturiser. Can't justify buying a third magazine or I would get Glamour too!

Please
or

warmandwooly · 02/03/2012 15:28

I just know I will get to Sainbury's and it will be only one product!

OP posts:
Please
or

Posey · 02/03/2012 15:59

Elliemay I'm in London and got the mascara and moisture surge, so that combination is available! I also got MarieClaire for the Neals Yard stuff, and Glamour....this for a women who never buys magazines any more, but never mind! So far only looked at MC and actually enjoyed a couple of articles so there's a bonus!

Please
or

warmandwooly · 02/03/2012 16:59

Nope only one product at a local sainsburys

OP posts:
Please
or

VivaLeBeaver · 02/03/2012 17:05

Local newsagent has moisture surge and lipgloss copies but I want the scrub stuff.

I got Glamour instead with a hydrating hair mask thingy.

Please
or

mrsmartin · 02/03/2012 18:01

I got the percy and reed shampoo and conditioner with glamour...would have got the clinique moisturiser for MIL if it had been available but just lipgloss and mascara ones left...only seems to be one product up here in teesside...bit ridiculous that there is a variation at all?????? Hmm

Please
or

SquashedSquirrel · 02/03/2012 18:48

Tesco has the copies of the magazine with 2 free products.

Please
or

wellwisher · 02/03/2012 20:30

I went to a Tesco Metro in central London today and found Cosmo with Moisture Surge and Superbalm - exactly what I wanted!

Please
or

mosschops30 · 02/03/2012 20:35

Will try tesco tomorrow

Please
or

mrsmartin · 03/03/2012 01:47

stomping foot at the injustice...why the variation???? I may email Marie Claire...Hmm

Please
or

Posey · 03/03/2012 10:13

No, Marie Claire is okay, just a Neals Yard thingy. It's Cosmo for the Clinique stuff Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

We're all short on time

Log in or sign up to use the 'See Next' or 'See all' posts by the OP (Original Poster) and cut straight to the action.

Already signed up?

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?