My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Style & Beauty

how can i get shimmery shiny hair?

11 replies

headfairy · 27/02/2012 19:02

My hair's coloured so I know the condition is going to be compromised, but I do try and take care of it. I do use Frizz Ease on the ends, and Tresemme shampoo and conditioner appropriate to my hair type, but it's not shiny. And I want glossy shiny hair

OP posts:
Toughasoldboots · 27/02/2012 19:08

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HamblesHandbag · 27/02/2012 19:10

permanent blow dry. LIFE CHANGING.

or one of the hair oils like moroccan oil or argan oil products are supposed to be good.

Toughasoldboots · 27/02/2012 19:13

TitWillow · 27/02/2012 19:15

Throw away the frizz ease and buy Moroccan Oil from hairdressers.

headfairy · 27/02/2012 19:19

Are you all fake blondes? I've noticed that brunettes have much shinier hair than blondes.

OP posts:
SydneyS · 27/02/2012 19:20

headfairy · 27/02/2012 19:23

ooh, I see amazon are doing a small bottle of morrocan oil for a tenner here I'm quite tempted to give it a whirl.

Do you put it along the whole length of your hair? I have quite oily roots and dry ends (because of the colouring) so I usually only ever put the Frizz Ease on the ends. It worked for a while but it's just not doing the job any more.

OP posts:
OliviaMumsnet · 27/02/2012 19:29

Are you blonde OP?
I agree re: shiny brunettes but I have found since and getting the hairdresser to add more than one colour to my highlights - have a few ginger caramels and honeys to the bleach and also taking the time to properly blowdry or use the babyliss big hair makes it v shiny
(usual disclaimers apply)

SlinkingOutsideInFrocks · 27/02/2012 19:30

With Moroccan oil, less is more. You just need a small amount. I have very thick hair and couldn't get my head around using such a small amount and used to put too much in, but you really don't need to; in fact, shouldn't for the best results.

Also, you might not notice a difference straight away - it took lots of uses before I started noticing the improvement in my hair.

Another suggestion is coconut oil - there's a thread going in here on that too. Cheaper alternative to Moroccan/argan oil.

headfairy · 27/02/2012 19:40

Olivia I am fake blonde.. I think fair hair absorbs the light while darker hair reflects it looking shinier. But I look like I've got some kind of terminal illness when I have darker hair so I'm sticking with my fake blonde. I do have three different colours put in, two tints (one dark blonde, one more ginger caramel) and one bleach.

slinking I have tried Shea butter on the ends as someone suggested that once, but I must admit I only tried it a couple of times and being impatient I didn't try again.

OP posts:
CountBapula · 27/02/2012 21:55

Philip Kingsley Elasticiser every 2-3 weeks
Tresemmé Naturals shampoo and conditioner (sulphate-free - has transformed my hair)
Parlux hairdryer - amazing

Heard about all these on MN - my hair's in the best condition it's been in for years :)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.