My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

non comedogenic face moisturiser for acne prone skin?

11 replies

sleepysox · 15/02/2012 14:53

I suffer from boughts of cystic acne, yet the top layer of my skin is dehrdrated.
Does anyone know of a good moisturiser that won't block my pores?

OP posts:
MordechaiVanunu · 15/02/2012 15:35

Well, I use Mattifying Moisturiser for Young Skin, from Asda.

I am 42.

BUT, I have very oily spot prone skin and most moisturisers make my face look greasy and my make up slide off. This doesn't.

I used to not use a moisturiser as they all made my spotty, but this one works well.

FelicityWits · 15/02/2012 17:27

try dermologica. Active Moist is very good though might not be moisturising enough. Any salon which carries dermalogica will do you a sample though.

helpmeoutwiththisplease · 15/02/2012 17:33

Try La Roche-Posay - v good - I switched from Dermologica's Active Moist and haven't looked back.

You'll probably need something from the Effaclar range. Most larger Boots seem to stock it.

duende · 15/02/2012 18:32

I second effaclar. I particularly like effaclar H - compensating moisturiser for acne prone skin which is dehydrated.
I also like avene - cleanance k exfoliates and moisturiser. Or avene hydrance optimale is nice and has SPF 20.

sleepysox · 15/02/2012 19:51

Thanks for the suggestions, there's lots to research here. I've looked up Effaclar already and they stock it in Boots- which is great for advantage card points.
I'm not sure if it suits sensitive skin though- does anyone know?

Thanks everyone.

OP posts:
helpmeoutwiththisplease · 15/02/2012 19:58

yes - effaclar is excellent for sensitive skin

sleepysox · 15/02/2012 20:04

Fab, thanks :) I'll give it a go!

OP posts:
LesserOfTwoWeevils · 15/02/2012 21:40

My DS's dermatologist (he has acne) recommended Simple.

Cloudminnow · 16/02/2012 09:24

I was recommended Neutrogena (which is non comedogenic) by a dermatologist and found it did help with acne. I have since moved on to Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions which is also very good.

sleepysox · 16/02/2012 16:14

I've tried Simple in the past and it aggravated my skin (only tried the soap though). Will investigate Neutrogena- thanks for the tip :)

OP posts:
NonComedogenicMoisturizer · 07/07/2014 01:45

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.