My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Help!What do you wear in Madrid in March?!

7 replies

GillyMac93 · 15/02/2012 11:46

Hi , DHs work is flying wives and girlfriends over for a week in Madrid near the end of March.Have asked DH for advice on the weather ,but he wasnt much help and said its just the same as a UK summer . Is it really?What should I be wearing this time of year over there so i dont look like a strange tourist !Thanks in advance :o

OP posts:
polyhymnia · 15/02/2012 14:55

I'm going to be in and near Madrid in early March for 2 and a half weeks. have been there before for work.
Really don't think it's going to be like summer -its on a very high plateau. would guess more like a warmer English spring if late March. Do remember being there oncee in April and you could take your coat off in day. But think it would get quite cold at night.

I guess layers are going to be the answer and am
planning to take one lightly padded down jacket and one a bit lighter or a trench.

Anyway about to ask my SIL who's always going over there and has friends there for advice so will pass on.

GillyMac93 · 15/02/2012 22:07

OP posts:
redpanda13 · 17/02/2012 16:32

My dad lives in Madrid. It is on a mountain plateau so fairly cold in Winter and unbearably hot in Summer. From what my dad says it is only slightly warmer in March/April time than here (Glasgow). Why not get some exciting new clothes anyway because you will get the wear out of them when you get back home? Grin

Bucharest · 17/02/2012 17:30

I went to Madrid once on 31st March. It snowed.

redpanda13 · 17/02/2012 21:06

Bucharest that reminds me of one of my dad's stories from childhood. His family lived just outside of Madrid in the mountains. Snowed heavily for weeks. When they finally got out they learned the postie had been killed by wolves trying to get to their house! He always told that story when people asked how great it must have been to live in a sunny climate and did he go to the beach every day?

PoppyAmex · 17/02/2012 22:01

It's fairly mild in March (from a British perspective), but just remember that most houses / shops aren't really designed for the cold and don't have powerful central heating systems, so you might actually find it on the chilly side.

On a separate note, Madrid is absolutely brilliant for shopping!

Bucharest · 18/02/2012 08:11

Shock at being eaten by wolves!

I had gone for 6 mths (Salamanca)with one M and S cotton jumper....that I slept in for about a month!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.