My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Clarisonic- anyone got one? Worth buying?

25 replies

1gglePiggle · 10/02/2012 14:42

Have wanted one for a while and it's today's special value on QVC? Anyone got one and is it worth the money?

OP posts:
mrsmartin · 10/02/2012 16:16

I use a champneys one that was alot cheaper and it is fantastic - it really is the same sort of step up as an electric toothbrush vs a manual. The clarisonic is the next step again as it uses 'sonic' technology. I say go for it on easypay but be strict with yourself and send it back if it doesn't work as well as you expect it to. After all P&p is £7 - return post is going to be about £4

So, if someone said you can try it for £11 - would you? I'm guessing yes...

cyb · 10/02/2012 16:22

I bought a Rio Sonic which is the cheaper version of a Clarisonic

It is good, makes your skin really feel like you've had a facial. Still ahve big pores but they are not half so blocked

crazybutterflylady · 10/02/2012 17:32

I have one and love it. Have had it about 18 months now and my skin is great. I stopped using it when my baby was born and I could really notice the difference so went straight back to it!
I love that you can use it with any cheap old face wash...if you work on that premise, it's only really a year or so's worth of clarins! Grin

Snakeonaplane · 10/02/2012 19:00

Could anyone tell me if it's worth buying the plus or would the little one be ok? I've been dying to buy one for ages.

Petrean · 10/02/2012 19:04

My mum raves about hers all the time... So when she saw it on qvc today she's ordered one for my birthday.

I can't see myself using it often though (unless I get amazing results) because I'm very lazy when it comes to looking after my skin... I'm a soap and water girl. Maybe it'll convert me... I'm 34 so not getting any younger!

mrsmartin · 10/02/2012 19:05

I'd get the TSV one - I like the idea of using it on the body - looks great if you self tan.

Snakeonaplane · 10/02/2012 19:11

I think I need this but it is a hefty price tag, will the results distract dh? That is the question.

mrsmartin · 10/02/2012 19:17

get it on the easy pay (I would upgrade but I have spent this month's beauty budget on beauty boxes and 'essentials' - boo). Make like the French when it comes to beauty. In France, skincare is seen as being very important and so the women aren't made to feel guilty for spending money on it - many old school women have a beauty budget that runs alongside their housekeeping). For me it is more a case that DH drinks and smokes and plays golf - I buy things that keep me looking young and hot for him - how can he possibly argue? :o

wildstrawberryplace · 10/02/2012 19:18

I have one - just the Classic. I use the sensitive brush for face and normal on body, although to be honest I only really do cleavage, decolletage and backs of arms.

I bloody love it, it takes 1 min and you can do it in the shower, so suitable for the laziest of lazy arses.

Stubborn blackheads round nose that were not budging with loads of lotions and potions are gone, still slightly large pores but they will get smaller over time and are doing.

I had KP on the backs of my arms and that went within 2 weeks, so just brushing arms with it once or twice a week keeps it at bay.

wildstrawberryplace · 10/02/2012 19:20

Oh, and skin has gone from grey and pasty faced to looking clear and vibrant and even textured.

virgil · 10/02/2012 19:22

I have one and I have definitely seen a change in my skin. I just have the mia but you can use that on your body too. Like having a regular facial

Snakeonaplane · 10/02/2012 19:29

You have convinced me, I'm on maternity leave at the moment so not bringing in much money but spending up a stormGrin. it's times like these I wish we had separate bank accounts.

CervixWithASmile · 11/02/2012 10:08

I think the little one is probably a better buy than the big one as the head size is the same, just a smaller handle.

Whitershadeofpale · 12/02/2012 22:49

I've ordered in on TSV too and had my email to say its been dispatched. I can't wait.

1gglePiggle · 24/02/2012 08:58

Just wanted to update and say I bought it and it is totally amazing!!! My face has never felt so smooth and the blackheads that have plagued my nose for years despite many treatments have gone after just 3 uses. I love it! Will never need to buy any scrubs again.

OP posts:
pocketandsweet · 24/02/2012 10:05

I think I have convinced myself that I need one but where is the cheapest place to buy them? the p& p at QVC is so high. Does anyone know if they are cheaper in North America as planning a trip soon.

Whitershadeofpale · 24/02/2012 14:28

I'm loving mine too. I did have some breakouts at first will all the shit being drawn to the surface but it is 100x smoother and the vast majority of my blackheads have gone. Realy dood on the thick dry skin I get under my knees (always looked like they were bruised).

pocket I would wait until it comes back on QVC not buy from the website. It's always cheaper and you get offers like the 4 easy pay I got mine with, plus lots of products. I couldn't have afforded it any otherway.

pocketandsweet · 24/02/2012 14:29

Can I be cheeky and ask how much it ended up costing then?

1gglePiggle · 24/02/2012 19:38

Was £39.81 x 4 payments plus postage of £6.95. Well worth it. Got loads of the cleansers and refill heads included too.

OP posts:
justtryingtodomybest · 25/02/2012 20:11

Is the Clarisonic suitable for all skin types? I have quite sensitive skin which is generally a bit dry but I do get blocked pores on my nose and my forehead. Probably get more breakouts now in my 40s than I ever did as a teenager!

Whitershadeofpale · 25/02/2012 23:52

Yes it is justtrying

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

KateSpade · 26/02/2012 10:27

I love my Clarisonic, i really feel like I'm getting a proper cleanse, and taking all my make-up off.
The only thing that annoys me, is mine seems to need charging all the bloody time!

MrsBovary · 26/02/2012 10:58

There's a Mia Clarisonic for £120. Would that just be the facial version? I think that's all I would need/use.

DaisyAndConfused · 26/02/2012 14:05

OP, I'm awaiting delivery of mine (due tomorrow) and can't wait. My skin is getting worse and worse (rough, spotty all around the edges of my face) so hoping for instant transformaion!

Will let you know how it goes if you like!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.